Ornaments and How Real this Virtual Site Is

lynn1950
lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I want to share about my ornaments. First, I received two. A box and and a nutcracker soldier. They came with a card from Judy (our Creampuff 91344). This is what Judy wrote: " The box symbolizes where all the good things that have helped you get to this stage of your treatment are stored, and the nutcracker guard is there to guard you from any further invasion of the beast." (I hope you don't mind me sharing, Judy.) The sentiment is as lovely as the gifts.

But this isn't all.

I received a PM a while back. Judy wondered if I had received my ornament yet (I hadn't.). She wanted it to arrive so I could hang it while we were decorating our tree. She was really upset that it hadn't arrived. She wrote how sorry she was and that she would send me ANOTHER ornament. I felt sorry to be the cause of concern.

I received a box early last week. Believing it was something that I had ordered that I would need to wrap away from prying eyes, I set it aside. I opened the box just now.

What a surprise! It's a beautifully delicately lightest pink Lenox breast cancer ribbon.

Judy...your generosity and spirit of giving floor me. Thank you so much. There are moments when the virtual reality of computerland is transcended and this is truly such a time.

My best to everyone here on CSN and may you all have a bright holiday season, despite our struggles.

xoxoxoxo Lynn

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Dearest Lynn ♥

Ok, now you did it sweetie! You made me cry, but, a good cry. Judy has always held a special place in my heart as she was the first one to welcome me to the site this year and was so encouraging and supportive to me. I knew right away that I had found a warm and comfortable place to voice my concerns and fears. But, I got so much, much more from all of you. Besides the tears, I get a chuckle, a puzzling moment, a thinking moment and a just plain crazy silly moment. You are so right Lynn, there are moments when the virtual reality of computerland is transcended! What a beautiful way to put it. And, thank you Lynn for posting this. You are a dear sweet friend and deserve everything good in life! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Jeanne D said:

Dearest Lynn ♥

Ok, now you did it sweetie! You made me cry, but, a good cry. Judy has always held a special place in my heart as she was the first one to welcome me to the site this year and was so encouraging and supportive to me. I knew right away that I had found a warm and comfortable place to voice my concerns and fears. But, I got so much, much more from all of you. Besides the tears, I get a chuckle, a puzzling moment, a thinking moment and a just plain crazy silly moment. You are so right Lynn, there are moments when the virtual reality of computerland is transcended! What a beautiful way to put it. And, thank you Lynn for posting this. You are a dear sweet friend and deserve everything good in life! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Wonderful Thinking!
    I love what Judy wrote you about your ornaments, Lynn--she is so wise!

Jeanne, you're right on target about the transcendance of virtual reality on this site--it is amazing, and I feel so richly blessed to have found you all.

Have a wonderful Christmas and Holiday Season filled with peace and love,

Sandy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Wonderful Thinking!
    I love what Judy wrote you about your ornaments, Lynn--she is so wise!

Jeanne, you're right on target about the transcendance of virtual reality on this site--it is amazing, and I feel so richly blessed to have found you all.

Have a wonderful Christmas and Holiday Season filled with peace and love,

Sandy

I love the box and the
    I love the box and the nutcracker and what Judy wrote. The Lenox ornament sounds like the one I sent Chenheart and it is very beautiful. This exchange has been one of the best things for me this season and will remain with me forever. How blessed are we all.
    Stef
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    fauxma said:

I love the box and the
    I love the box and the nutcracker and what Judy wrote. The Lenox ornament sounds like the one I sent Chenheart and it is very beautiful. This exchange has been one of the best things for me this season and will remain with me forever. How blessed are we all.
    Stef

I love what Judy wrote too.
    I love what Judy wrote too. That is so perfect! Judy has been thru so much. I pray she gets thru this holiday season as easily as possible. Thanks Lynn for telling us.

Leeza
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Sniff... sniff... okay had
    Sniff... sniff... okay had to wipe the tears from my eyes... (no joke)... Lynn and Jeanne ... you both summed it up... I can't add anything more... except... my love and best wishes... Wishing you all a very blessed Christmas with the blessing of enduring health in the year to come!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    taleena said:

Sniff... sniff... okay had
    Sniff... sniff... okay had to wipe the tears from my eyes... (no joke)... Lynn and Jeanne ... you both summed it up... I can't add anything more... except... my love and best wishes... Wishing you all a very blessed Christmas with the blessing of enduring health in the year to come!

♥ & hugs,

~T

Tears
    are in my eyes too. This was beautiful!

♥ Noel
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Dear Lynn...
    Thanks for sharing, friend.

Yes, we ARE real.

Simply humans using our keyboards to care for each other.

Kindest regards,
    Susan xo

P.S. to Judy: You are quite special.
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155

Dear Lynn...
    Thanks for sharing, friend.

Yes, we ARE real.

Simply humans using our keyboards to care for each other.

Kindest regards,
    Susan xo

P.S. to Judy: You are quite special.

I love this:
    "Simply humans using our keyboards to care for each other." -- Susan

Thank you, Christmas Girl, for this sentence.

Peace.
    Linda
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    LC815 said:

I love this:
    "Simply humans using our keyboards to care for each other." -- Susan

Thank you, Christmas Girl, for this sentence.

Peace.
    Linda

Wow
    I agree with Taleena, Lynn and Jeanne said it all! And to Judy, you are so awesome! What you wrote about your ornaments could not have been more perfect or more touching.

Merry Christmas!

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Ornament
    Opening my ornament turned virtual into reality. I felt like- wow there is a Santa Clause after all.LOL

Hugs
    Jadie<3

This is my ornament in the picture (angel) from jennytwist
  • lynn1950
    jnl said:

I love what Judy wrote too.
    I love what Judy wrote too. That is so perfect! Judy has been thru so much. I pray she gets thru this holiday season as easily as possible. Thanks Lynn for telling us.

Leeza

I didn't write in my
    I didn't write in my original post about Judy and her family's loss. That she took the time to worry about my Christmas ornament during that time says so much about the loving heart she is. Your responses have touched me, too. Knowing all of you has enriched my life. Xmas Girl: I hope to meet you this summer (around the 4th of July). I'll be in Chicago with my daughter.

xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    lynn1950 said:

I didn't write in my
    I didn't write in my original post about Judy and her family's loss. That she took the time to worry about my Christmas ornament during that time says so much about the loving heart she is. Your responses have touched me, too. Knowing all of you has enriched my life. Xmas Girl: I hope to meet you this summer (around the 4th of July). I'll be in Chicago with my daughter.

xoxoxoxo Lynn

WOO HOO, LYNN!
    REALLY? You'll be here around the 4th of July?!? AWESOME!!!

WOW! - this news feels like a really special early Christmas/Birthday present for me! Thank you, dear Lynn, dear friend, for letting me know this now. :-)

I will greatly look forward to our meeting. It'll happen, for sure, because we'll make it so, no matter what the circumstances.

Merry, merry Christmas - to you, and all your loved ones! And heartfelt best wishes for good health in the coming New Year, and always.

Kindest regards,
    Susan xo

P.S.: One more time: WOO HOO! (Couldn't help myself...)
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Jadie said:

Ornament
    Opening my ornament turned virtual into reality. I felt like- wow there is a Santa Clause after all.LOL

Hugs
    Jadie<3

This is my ornament in the picture (angel) from jennytwist</p>

I did not participate in the
    I did not participate in the ornament exchange, however i have gotten so much joy in reading all your stories regarding it,
    tj
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    tjhay said:

I did not participate in the
    I did not participate in the ornament exchange, however i have gotten so much joy in reading all your stories regarding it,
    tj

Now I am crying too.
    Now I am crying too. Beautiful words from beautiful people.

Hugs
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

Now I am crying too.
    Now I am crying too. Beautiful words from beautiful people.

Hugs

Lynn, I am so glad you were
    Lynn, I am so glad you were happy with the ornaments, and that they have given life to what we all consider "virtual cyberhugs". It was an honor to have you as my ornament pal, and I hope you will enjoy them in years to come....I know I will always have the thoughts that are with me today when I remember our exchange. For those who participated, you know the joy of seeing just how thoughtful others are of you, and for those who didn't participate, it is something that this board shares with all, and you can experience the joy through the hands of those who did. We indeed are family, and I hope nothing but the best for all this Holiday Season, no matter what your religious belief. We celebrate in many ways, but most of all we celebrate the victories we have experienced already, and the victories to come. Hugs to all.

Judy
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Lynn, I am so glad you were happy with the ornaments, and that they have given life to what we all consider "virtual cyberhugs". It was an honor to have you as my ornament pal, and I hope you will enjoy them in years to come....I know I will always have the thoughts that are with me today when I remember our exchange. For those who participated, you know the joy of seeing just how thoughtful others are of you, and for those who didn't participate, it is something that this board shares with all, and you can experience the joy through the hands of those who did. We indeed are family, and I hope nothing but the best for all this Holiday Season, no matter what your religious belief. We celebrate in many ways, but most of all we celebrate the victories we have experienced already, and the victories to come. Hugs to all.

Judy

Sending big, yet gentle hugs
    Sending big, yet gentle hugs to you Judy! Praying for the best for your family!

Lex♥
  • lynn1950

Judy

Hi, Judy...my real, cyber
    Hi, Judy...my real, cyber friend. Of course, I love all the ornaments and will always think of you and your thoughtfulness when I see them. Peace to you and your family, xoxoxoxo Lynn