Eyelashes & eyebrows

Crystlesmom
Crystlesmom Member Posts: 20
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone experienced losing their eyelashes and eyebrows six weeks after chemo? Just wondering...here I am waiting for my hair to show signs of coming back....LOL....and woke up to day and my eyelashes and brows are gone!!

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I am in my last 5 treatments
    I am in my last 5 treatments and still have my eyebrows but lashes are going. I have read other posts that this does happen, some a few times. I did nt realize this either.
  • lndsmom
    lndsmom Member Posts: 20
    My last chemo was 10/30
    ..and I have just lost my eyebrows too. I am hoping the eyelashes stay, but I guess time will tell. Just in the past week, I have noticed fine downy hair on my head. (although the stubble on my legs started a couple of weeks ago...darn!!)
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Crystlesmom....
    It was late in my chemo before I lost my eyelashes. My eyebrows disappeared a bit earlier....

CR
  • Crystlesmom
    Crystlesmom Member Posts: 20
    CR1954 said:

Crystlesmom....
    It was late in my chemo before I lost my eyelashes. My eyebrows disappeared a bit earlier....

CR

Thanks
    Thanks for the info everyone.....I just thought maybe I was losing it!! LOL And my wonderful chin hairs have returned....but not the important hairs!! LOL
  • Kathy09
    Kathy09 Member Posts: 99

Thanks
    Thanks for the info everyone.....I just thought maybe I was losing it!! LOL And my wonderful chin hairs have returned....but not the important hairs!! LOL

same boat
    Last treatment oct lost hair, eyelashes and most of the brows. Hair on head is just showing darkness all the way around. Went to eye doctor I cant see them but he said lashes are coming in about 1/4 cent. now. I have a bunch of eye issues since chemo, taxotere.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Kathy09 said:

same boat
    Last treatment oct lost hair, eyelashes and most of the brows. Hair on head is just showing darkness all the way around. Went to eye doctor I cant see them but he said lashes are coming in about 1/4 cent. now. I have a bunch of eye issues since chemo, taxotere.

Lost eyelashes just before
    Lost eyelashes just before last treatment, eye brows to. I have been done with Taxol since Novenber 18. When will they return ???
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Kat11 said:

Lost eyelashes just before
    Lost eyelashes just before last treatment, eye brows to. I have been done with Taxol since Novenber 18. When will they return ???

This thread is just PROOF
    that everyone is different. I still have my leg hairs, everyone of them! eyebrows about 1/2 but the wrong half! So I still have to pluck! Eyelashes were always slim, so now they are almost nonexistent, and "coochie" is bald! Go figure. My peach fuzz has already begun and I still have 7 more Taxol treatments to go.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Yes, Yes, Yes
    I lost my eybrows and a few of my eyelashes. I kind of look diffent but I did not want to make me some eyebrows with a make-up pencil. They will grow back but I think they will be the last thing to grow back. At least, that is what I am experiencing.

P
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Mama G said:

This thread is just PROOF
    that everyone is different. I still have my leg hairs, everyone of them! eyebrows about 1/2 but the wrong half! So I still have to pluck! Eyelashes were always slim, so now they are almost nonexistent, and "coochie" is bald! Go figure. My peach fuzz has already begun and I still have 7 more Taxol treatments to go.

You Are So Right
    I was kind of upset that my leg hairs and arm pit hairs survived chemo. And it did take me some time to get used to a bald hoo-ha.

P
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Funky Hair
    I've lost spots of hair on my head - so I shaved it. Now I have funky hair growing in but still have bald spots! I wonder if the rest will fall out or not! My armpits are hair-free, but my leg hair has held on. It is growing lots slower, but it is still there. The hair on my arms has thinned - as has the pooky hair. My eyelashes are thinning - but not my eyebrows! I'm half way through - so I figure there is time for more to go - or not! It's crazy!

Lori
  • Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member

Funky Hair
    I've lost spots of hair on my head - so I shaved it. Now I have funky hair growing in but still have bald spots! I wonder if the rest will fall out or not! My armpits are hair-free, but my leg hair has held on. It is growing lots slower, but it is still there. The hair on my arms has thinned - as has the pooky hair. My eyelashes are thinning - but not my eyebrows! I'm half way through - so I figure there is time for more to go - or not! It's crazy!

Lori

Leg Hair and brows
    I'm halfway thru chemo, too.

I still have leg hair, which was disappointing, I was hoping that would fall out! It does grow much slower, I only have to shave like once a week.

I have a bald spot on my eyelashes, but still have most, they're falling out slowly. I have thinning eye brows, I just use a pencil and fill them in, I'm getting pretty good at it.

No arm pit hair, which is cool. :)

Hey, gotta look at the bright side, eh? Of course it's 20° here, so who really cares.
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    I am still "hair-free" on
    I am still "hair-free" on arms, legs and the nether region. Eyelashes and eyebrows have thinned since my last treatment on 12/3. I did buy some fake eyebrows and lashes online. I'm hoping I don't need them but am ready if I do.
  • Sharon40
    Sharon40 Member Posts: 93
    I finished chemo 4 weeks ago
    I finished chemo 4 weeks ago and just had surgery. I am surprised my eyebrowns and lashes made it through (all though very thin). I hope they do NOT leave my now!! Hope things are going well with you.
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Losing Lashes & Eyebrows
    Hi,

I lost my hair, lashes, nose hair within 3 weeks of my first chemo. I had cytoxan and taxotere. I still have my eyebrows which to me is weird. It will all grow back eventually. This is my second time around.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    mom62 said:

Losing Lashes & Eyebrows
    Hi,

I lost my hair, lashes, nose hair within 3 weeks of my first chemo. I had cytoxan and taxotere. I still have my eyebrows which to me is weird. It will all grow back eventually. This is my second time around.

Funny thing is ... I too have eyebrows and lashes ...
    thinned out .. but still present on my face. With proper make-up, I look pretty good, and no so sickly. However, with my twitching eyes, and consistent eye dripping - it is difficult to wear any type of eye makeup. So most days I don't bother. Plus, my -- lack of energy - does not grant me a lot of time to groom myself.

I am still shaving my underarms, and legs, not as often. Never lost my southern region of hair. Lost my nose hair ... werid!

All I want for Christmas, is SCALP hair ..

VickiSam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

Funny thing is ... I too have eyebrows and lashes ...
    thinned out .. but still present on my face. With proper make-up, I look pretty good, and no so sickly. However, with my twitching eyes, and consistent eye dripping - it is difficult to wear any type of eye makeup. So most days I don't bother. Plus, my -- lack of energy - does not grant me a lot of time to groom myself.

I am still shaving my underarms, and legs, not as often. Never lost my southern region of hair. Lost my nose hair ... werid!

All I want for Christmas, is SCALP hair ..

VickiSam

I am losing eyelashes, brows
    I am losing eyelashes, brows have started thinning, sl stubble on legs, none on arms, nether didint all go in the beginning now is going. I am very light so it is not that noticable.
    dont have the energy to go to alot of effort, so prob wont. One lady i know got her doc to order propecia for her. My doc says he doesnt do that. I never lost the buzz i had when i buzzed my hair is this good or bad?