We need help.....

Options
thatagirl
thatagirl Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
My dad has stage 4 nslc with copd and blood clots in neck and shoulder. He is 74 years old and was just recently diagnoised. He has been through 10 rounds of radiation and just finished his first round of chemo. His doctor is only going to give him 3 rounds of chemo, one day every three weeks. My problem is he has so much company over, relatives and friends, that he does not want to sleep during the day and has a hard time at night because he cannot breath well. Will this effect his healing from the chemo and radiation if he does not get enough sleep? My siblings and I disagree on this matter. They think it is ok that his company is always welcome, no matter how long they wish to stay at the house.

Comments

• grandmafay
    grandmafay Member Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Company
    I would follow your father's lead. If he wants company, let them come. Talk with him, and listen to him. Maybe he feels the company is important. He should be the one to make these decisions. It's his life and his illness. It's really hard for the caregivers to watch something they think might be harmful in some way to the patient. We want to protect our loved ones. Many of us like to control things that maybe do not need to be controlled. Take care, Fay