woo woo ornament from my secret sister in OK

Lynda53
Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
The most delicate glass hand blown, from Eqyptian Museum.
Clear glass, tinted pink center,a simple pink ribbon etched across the middle,and 24 karat trim!
It is truly beautiful and very special.
It will hold a special place on my tree, away from the cats, and after Christmas, it will sit on my table that has all my memories.
My memories are all of my Dad, as he would have helped me thru this beast as this ornament shall!
My heart felt thanks to my secret sister in OK and to Claudia, chenheart for making this Christmas a bit brighter!
Peace to all!

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    You really brought the
    You really brought the ornament to life. It sound just lovely.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Your ornament sounds so very
    Your ornament sounds so very beautiful~ your secret santa was indeed loving and thoughtful in her selection, wasn't she? This has been a labor of love; I am so pleased that it has brought so many smiles and so much love this holiday season.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    chenheart said:

Your ornament sounds so very
    Your ornament sounds so very beautiful~ your secret santa was indeed loving and thoughtful in her selection, wasn't she? This has been a labor of love; I am so pleased that it has brought so many smiles and so much love this holiday season.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Ctas & Babies!
    Oh, what a wicked combination--cats & delicate glass ornaments--or babies & glass ornaments! This morning we caught our one-year-old granddaughter (one on 1/4/10) chewing on a glass heart-shaped ornament from our tree! We rescued both ornament and baby just in the nick of time.

Your description of the ornament truly makes it sound so beautiful! This ornament exchange has truly been a blessing--thank you, Chen!

Your dad sounds like my dad, who is also no longer physically with me. But he lives in my head, and I can hear him saying, "Well, daughter, this is life--you can deal with it!" He helped me through so much, and I was so very glad that he got to see my completed Master's Thesis before he died.

Treasure all your special memories of him, Lynda. He is always with you.

Hugs! Sandy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Ctas & Babies!
    Oh, what a wicked combination--cats & delicate glass ornaments--or babies & glass ornaments! This morning we caught our one-year-old granddaughter (one on 1/4/10) chewing on a glass heart-shaped ornament from our tree! We rescued both ornament and baby just in the nick of time.

Your description of the ornament truly makes it sound so beautiful! This ornament exchange has truly been a blessing--thank you, Chen!

Your dad sounds like my dad, who is also no longer physically with me. But he lives in my head, and I can hear him saying, "Well, daughter, this is life--you can deal with it!" He helped me through so much, and I was so very glad that he got to see my completed Master's Thesis before he died.

Treasure all your special memories of him, Lynda. He is always with you.

Hugs! Sandy

Sandy,
    You are right about

Sandy,
    You are right about cats and babies and tree ornaments. My daughter has their first full size tree. JJ is four and he is not a problem, but Baby Jo turned one at the end of July and is really into the ornaments. At first Denise only had ornaments on the top half of the tree. Then I suggested putting all the non breakable and it's okay to touch ones down on the bottom third. She did and it is working very well. She watches Baby Jo and distracts her when she heads towards them, but if she gets one it's not a problem. She also didn't use hooks for them, just laced ribbon through them. Glad you rescued the baby and ornament in time. Cats are another matter. Mine used to climb the tree and perch in the branches attacking ornaments left and right. I have a cute picture somewhere with all three in the tree peering out. What I did to protect my most fragile ornaments was to use the hooks that are really bendable and I really twisted them around the branch and put them out far enough that the cats had a difficult time reaching them. We only once had the tree actually fall over but luckily nothing broke. Good soft carpet saved them. I love my cats but they can be such a pain in the neck. But they are older and didn't climb last year or this so that's a relief.
    Stef