Long Term Stage IV survival story

Options
2»

Comments

• ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Great story!! I am starting
    Great story!! I am starting to see how not everyone's stage IV is the same..I am stage IV with inoperable liver mets, I wonder if I could ever have the same outcome as your stage IV story.The Dr's tell me that they don't think I will ever be at a resectable state because my mets are like a chocolate chip cookie in the liver. I am having the Sir Spheres procedure soon and hoping to get significant shrinkage but they say to expect around 25-30%. God Bless you, Patti
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Fb489 said:

HI
    WoW god is smiling down at you.
    My husband is stage four with mets to his liver.
    They want him to do 5fu for 48 hours straight.
    When you were getting the 5FU how many hours was it given to you?

Common Protocol
    It's usually giving for 48 hours with the fanny pack pump
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    Options
    Truly inspirational!
    what a positive story to tell to all of us going through this, I'm 40, diag. 2 years ago with stage 4, I had mets to alot of lymph nodes. It has now gone into bone in spine and multiple areas in lungs! I go to my dr. Monday, We have all been a nervous wrecks. I don't know what treatmeent I am in for. BUT I WILL DO IT! what other choice do I have?Stay drugged up to "keep me comfortable" that's not living to me! How did the concider you stage4 did your cancer spread? Thanks for you inspirational story! We all love to hear good news!
    Hugs!
    Karyn
  • Bear23
    Bear23 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    I needed this story
    Thank you for your story. I was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. Had radiation, surgery then chemo. My spleen has been very active but when biopsied, no cancer was found. Doctors said sarcoid. Now 10 months later, nodules in my lungs and they are concerned that the cancer spread. Am having a lung biopsy Friday and not looking forward to it. Was very depressed with the thoughts of Stage 4 and the prognosis. Am better this week but have a lot of waiting to do. It's hard, especially reading the stats for survival. I need to hear more stories like yours. Thanks.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Bear23 said:

I needed this story
    Thank you for your story. I was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. Had radiation, surgery then chemo. My spleen has been very active but when biopsied, no cancer was found. Doctors said sarcoid. Now 10 months later, nodules in my lungs and they are concerned that the cancer spread. Am having a lung biopsy Friday and not looking forward to it. Was very depressed with the thoughts of Stage 4 and the prognosis. Am better this week but have a lot of waiting to do. It's hard, especially reading the stats for survival. I need to hear more stories like yours. Thanks.

Bear...leave the stats to the statisticians.....
    The stats you find on the web are 2-5 years old. They no longer hold true.....The Stage 4's in here are living proof of that very thing.....Plant your feet Bear and dig in and whip this thing........Love and Hope, Buzzard

Very encouraging story also....thanks for sharing it...........
  • Bear23
    Bear23 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Buzzard said:

Bear...leave the stats to the statisticians.....
    The stats you find on the web are 2-5 years old. They no longer hold true.....The Stage 4's in here are living proof of that very thing.....Plant your feet Bear and dig in and whip this thing........Love and Hope, Buzzard

Very encouraging story also....thanks for sharing it...........

Thanks for the encouraging words
    Buzzard
    Thanks for the encouragement. It's great to hear from others! I don't know why I didn't find you guys when I was going thru all my initial treatments. Still waiting for Friday and hoping for the best.
    Bear
  • sweta
    sweta Member Posts: 20
    Options
    You just made me so much happier
    Thank you Bob,
    I cannot tell you how inspired i feel reading your story,this is just what i needed.My fiance was diagnosed with colorectalk cancer and has a colostomy.He has been NED since the last 5 years..this is our 6th and we are due for the scans and blood tests.He was 22 when he got cancer and we are looking to get married this year end.I just needed a story like yours to make me believe that we could have a healthy and long married life.I just never want the cancer back in our lives and your story makes me believe i can actually get my wish.Can you please let me know more about your diet and lifestyle?
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    sweta said:

You just made me so much happier
    Thank you Bob,
    I cannot tell you how inspired i feel reading your story,this is just what i needed.My fiance was diagnosed with colorectalk cancer and has a colostomy.He has been NED since the last 5 years..this is our 6th and we are due for the scans and blood tests.He was 22 when he got cancer and we are looking to get married this year end.I just needed a story like yours to make me believe that we could have a healthy and long married life.I just never want the cancer back in our lives and your story makes me believe i can actually get my wish.Can you please let me know more about your diet and lifestyle?

Bob
    After reading that we lost another member today this story is what we all needed to read thank you for sharing with us and praying you have a wonderful cancer free life...