Lisa42 question

Options
snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Could you ask Dr. Cantrell if it is possible to continue his treatment while being treated with cyberknife? If not, what would be the delay in treatment?

Comments

  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Options
    keeping it up
    just keeping this question at the top of the list
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    cyberknife and Dr. Cantrell's treatment
    HI John,

    Just saw your question. I honestly don't see why it would interfere with getting the lovastatin/interferon treatment from Dr Cantrell. You could probably call and ask him yourself or even email the question there. I do remember reading before that you had exchanged several emails or phone conversations- don't remember which. Do you not want to call or email and ask him? Let me know. If you'd rather, I could go ahead and email the question. It's just my thought now that I don't see how that would interfere with taking the treatment. Cyberknife will make you very sleepy like any radiation does, but I'm not aware that cyberknife would affect your blood counts or anything that would interfere with Cantrell's treatment. Let me know if you're going to call or email or if you'd like me to.
    I think you probably have it, but in case not: you can contact the office staff and/or Dr. Cantrell at: email: office@neoplas.org or call 615-371-8100

    Lisa
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Options
    lisa42 said:

    cyberknife and Dr. Cantrell's treatment
    HI John,

    Just saw your question. I honestly don't see why it would interfere with getting the lovastatin/interferon treatment from Dr Cantrell. You could probably call and ask him yourself or even email the question there. I do remember reading before that you had exchanged several emails or phone conversations- don't remember which. Do you not want to call or email and ask him? Let me know. If you'd rather, I could go ahead and email the question. It's just my thought now that I don't see how that would interfere with taking the treatment. Cyberknife will make you very sleepy like any radiation does, but I'm not aware that cyberknife would affect your blood counts or anything that would interfere with Cantrell's treatment. Let me know if you're going to call or email or if you'd like me to.
    I think you probably have it, but in case not: you can contact the office staff and/or Dr. Cantrell at: email: office@neoplas.org or call 615-371-8100

    Lisa

    Paying customer
    I just figured he would be more honest with you as a paying customer. If you could call that would kick ****, Thanks.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    snommintj said:

    Paying customer
    I just figured he would be more honest with you as a paying customer. If you could call that would kick ****, Thanks.

    I will
    Hi again John,

    I will contact him and ask. I'm sure, though, that he'd probably answer your question.
    Are you getting cyberknife now or will be in the near future? If so, do you know how many treatments and over how long it will last? That info might be important to include when I ask. Let me know that info & then I'll ask for you.

    Lisa
  • jillpls
    jillpls Member Posts: 238
    Options
    lisa42 said:

    cyberknife and Dr. Cantrell's treatment
    HI John,

    Just saw your question. I honestly don't see why it would interfere with getting the lovastatin/interferon treatment from Dr Cantrell. You could probably call and ask him yourself or even email the question there. I do remember reading before that you had exchanged several emails or phone conversations- don't remember which. Do you not want to call or email and ask him? Let me know. If you'd rather, I could go ahead and email the question. It's just my thought now that I don't see how that would interfere with taking the treatment. Cyberknife will make you very sleepy like any radiation does, but I'm not aware that cyberknife would affect your blood counts or anything that would interfere with Cantrell's treatment. Let me know if you're going to call or email or if you'd like me to.
    I think you probably have it, but in case not: you can contact the office staff and/or Dr. Cantrell at: email: office@neoplas.org or call 615-371-8100

    Lisa

    how are you doing after seeing Dr Cantrell?
    HI, I was wondering how you have been since you saw Dr cantrell. Do you feel ok?? What did he do and will you be going back for on going treatment??
    JIll
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Options
    lisa42 said:

    I will
    Hi again John,

    I will contact him and ask. I'm sure, though, that he'd probably answer your question.
    Are you getting cyberknife now or will be in the near future? If so, do you know how many treatments and over how long it will last? That info might be important to include when I ask. Let me know that info & then I'll ask for you.

    Lisa

    thinking about it
    I'm on avastin now, along with xeloda and oxaliplatin. I need to take a few weeks break from treatment before I get it. If I could start his treatment during that break and continue it during cyberknife and recovery that would be pretty cool. But I'm kind of waiting to see how your scans look, before I pursue anything concrete. Are you feeling any difference?
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    John and Jill
    I guess I really can't tell anything yet by how I feel because I never had any pain or symptoms from my cancer. I just had my third shot of the interferon about 5 hours ago and feel okay so far. I definitely feel better than when I was on chemo!
    I have "innumerable subcentimeter pulmonary nodules" (as it was worded in one of my scan reports) but I've fortunately never had any pain, cough, shortness of breath, or any symptoms at all. I'm certainly glad about that, but it's weird to think I can have so much inside me and I'd never know it if I didn't see my scan results. So...to answer your question Jill about if I'm feeling any different- nothing that I can tell yet- I'm really just going to have to wait until my next scan to know how I'm doing. The scan will be approx Feb. 10th. I take the treatment here at home (Lovasatin pills daily and interferon shots 3x a week). I go back to see Dr. Cantrell again on Feb. 16. I get my first CEA test this coming Monday, but both my oncologist and Dr. Cantrell warned me that my CEA will likely go up a bit first & for me not to be alarmed, but that this would be considered normal. The treatment takes about a month before things start turning around and shrinking, so my CEA will probably be higher than it was when it was last tested (about a week before starting this treatment).
    John, I'll try to contact Dr. Cantrell's office with your question tomorrow & I'll get back to you again about it when I get an answer.

    Take care!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    sort of an answer
    Hi again John,

    I contacted Dr. Cantrell's office w/ your question. Dr. Cantrell is out of the office until Monday, but Danielle in the office said that she does remember that some of their patients had also done cyberknife during treatment. She said, if she remembers correctly, it seems that they could continue treatment but that the Dr. had them skip a few doses. She doesn't exactly remember the details, though, & You'd have to ask Dr. Cantrell himself for the actual specifics of it. It sounds like, however, that it must be doable to start the treatment w/ Dr. Cantrell and do cyberknife also. Good luck w/ finishing up your current chemo regimen fist, though. I'm sure you'll be glad to be off the nasty oxaliplatin.

    Take care,
    Lisa