New caregivers job

pattynonews
pattynonews Member Posts: 176
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
Well I took a job at Christus HomeHealth Care as a caretakere, Im starting to think this is my calling, I don't know, I now have 2 patients, and yea one of them is a cancer patient, She is a very nice lady, this is her 2nd time with cancer, I have mixed feelings about this, and the thing is I have not been able to sleep since I took this job, I have been up for the last 3 night, I just can't stop thinking about Jack, We all went out to dinner last night and his dad wanted to have a toast for Jack, I just started crying, and had to leave the tabel, These moments get so hard, And we are going to Christmas Eve Mass and it is going to be dedicated to Jack, I miss Jack so much, I hope things get easier,

Comments

• grandmafay
    grandmafay Member Posts: 1,633 Member
    I'm glad you were able to go
    I'm glad you were able to go back to work since you wanted to. I can't seem to go anywhere right now that I don't run into someone who wants to talk about my husband and express sympathy. I had one lady who didn't know he had passed away a couple of days ago. I know all these people mean well. I even appreciate the sympathy, but it is hard. Try to get some sleep. Have you checked with a doctor? If the meds you have aren't working, ask about something else. Have you found the book I wrote about? I really wouldn't mind sending you one if I had an address. Take care of yourself. Fay
  • pattynonews
    pattynonews Member Posts: 176

I'm glad you were able to go
    I'm glad you were able to go back to work since you wanted to. I can't seem to go anywhere right now that I don't run into someone who wants to talk about my husband and express sympathy. I had one lady who didn't know he had passed away a couple of days ago. I know all these people mean well. I even appreciate the sympathy, but it is hard. Try to get some sleep. Have you checked with a doctor? If the meds you have aren't working, ask about something else. Have you found the book I wrote about? I really wouldn't mind sending you one if I had an address. Take care of yourself. Fay

for grandmafey
    I have not been able to find the book I went to 2 bookstores, and they did not have it, That would be great if you can, I had to go back to work the bills keep coming, but it gets me out of the house , Yea I understand and they tell you that it will get better and they know how we feel , Im just trying to stay busy , I want the holidays to be over, I was telling my sister law it is so hard now that Jack is gone, But I did find a really nice website that gives me a little hope, It is called Hello from Heaven they have a book out too, here is my personal email pattynonews@aol.com I will give you my address and number thank you so much
    love patty