cemo treatment

lhb200
lhb200 Member Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Any one know if you have to have cemo treatments after a mascetomy??? Cancer came back after 6 years in the same breast. Oncologist hopes to get all of the cancer this time with a single mascetomy. He did not mention cemo treatments.

Comments

• mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Just a Guess. . .
    I'm guessing they will wait to see what the surgery reveals before making a treatment plan. You might ask about having the Oncotype-DX test. It is a genetic test done on the tumor (after it is removed, of course) - and it gives a recurrence score that tells is chemotherapy is indicated for your particular tumor. Not all oncologists/surgeons recommend it . . .but it is a very useful piece of information in making treatment decisions. Talk to our oncology team about it.

Good luck to you. It's so scary, isn't it??

Lori
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Just a Guess. . .
    I'm guessing they will wait to see what the surgery reveals before making a treatment plan. You might ask about having the Oncotype-DX test. It is a genetic test done on the tumor (after it is removed, of course) - and it gives a recurrence score that tells is chemotherapy is indicated for your particular tumor. Not all oncologists/surgeons recommend it . . .but it is a very useful piece of information in making treatment decisions. Talk to our oncology team about it.

Lori

So sorry
    I don't know. Sorry that your cancer returned. Praying for you.

♥ Noel
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Noel said:

So sorry
    I don't know. Sorry that your cancer returned. Praying for you.

♥ Noel

I am so sorry that your
    I am so sorry that your cancer came back. Your oncologist will help you with your treatment. I have no idea what he might recommend. Keep us updated on you.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Just a Guess. . .

Lori

Miz, do they do this on first timers, too?
    Just wondering if that is something I should ask my dr. Everything was just a blur to me when I was diagnosed.