Senate Health Care Bill Would Allow Insurers to Limit Coverage for Seriously Ill Patients.

mono5
mono5 Member Posts: 94
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
A loophole in the Senate health care bill would let insurers place annual dollar limits on medical care for people struggling with costly illnesses such as cancer, prompting a rebuke from patient advocates. The legislation that originally passed the Senate health committee last summer would have banned such limits, but a tweak to that provision weakened it in the bill now moving toward a Senate vote.

Officials of the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network said they were taken by surprise...

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/58419

Comments

• soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Politics and cancer
    I would suggest that most of us who are not members of Congress have limits on the extent of our health care. I have excellent health care, and am now the million dollar man in that regard, maybe the two million dollar man, but I know that there are limits even to the excellent care I am given.

I am not much for bringing politics into this arena, where people are fighting for their very lives, their very notions of sanity.

But let me at least offer this: the original concepts and bills offered have been altered dramatically to appease a party that wants any health care plan to fail; the original bills have altered by rogue elements of the other party who happen to be, by far, the most generously accommodated individuals by the lobbies for the insurance industry to name but one.

When you cite the ACS's dismay with this notion of caps, please also consider the organization's consideration of the bills before they were transmogrified by greed and corruption.

Even I am dismayed by what is being offered up these days, and I started out as a strong proponent of the idea of universal health care, idiotic welfare-mongering communist that I am.

Regrettably, it seems, success in politics these days, regardless of where you are on the pendulum, requires a rubber soul, to borrow from the Beatles, if there is a soul at all, along with a voracious appetite for money.

I insist, by the way, that this joint is not the place for politics and religiion (except in the most excellent board afforded to those who want to speak of religion). It is not proper for you or ACS itself, in fact, to use these boards to support a cause, in my humble opinion.

On the other hand, I have finally decided not to listen to propoganda without speaking back to it, vociferously if needed, and this is as good a place as any to start herein.

May they delete both of our posts, as they should.

Take care,

Joe