Penn State/Hershey - Anyone from PA

denbralou
denbralou Member Posts: 66
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Several times I have posted and they keep getting deleted, I don't understand. Has anyone been treated at the Hershey Breast Center recently and if so, any insights you can give would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    I think this keeps
    I think this keeps disappearing because no on is responding, i will bump this up. But i would assume that no one was treated at Hershey since no one is responding. I am from PA also, and i have been around for awhile and there are only about 3 of us from PA and i don't think any of them were treated there.
  • denbralou
    meena1 said:

I think this keeps
    I think this keeps disappearing because no on is responding, i will bump this up. But i would assume that no one was treated at Hershey since no one is responding. I am from PA also, and i have been around for awhile and there are only about 3 of us from PA and i don't think any of them were treated there.

Thank you
    Thanks much, I just can't believe that there is no one from my area on here.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    denbralou said:

Thank you
    Thanks much, I just can't believe that there is no one from my area on here.

very odd
    I responded did you get my orig response?
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Perhaps you could repost it without using Penn State Hershey as your title it may not disapear hten. Really not sure what the problem is.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I found one and bumped it
    I found one and bumped it up. I think the problem is we post a lot and messages get buried sometimes. You might try subscribing to the thread at the top of the page so you can find your answers.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Marcia527 said:

I found one and bumped it
    I found one and bumped it up. I think the problem is we post a lot and messages get buried sometimes. You might try subscribing to the thread at the top of the page so you can find your answers.

I would say that noone is
    I would say that noone is from your area since noone has responded to you. Get involved with a bc survivor group in the area. You will find lots of help there. Or, call the American Cancer Society. They have bc survivors that will contact you and help you with your questions.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    susie09 said:

I would say that noone is
    I would say that noone is from your area since noone has responded to you. Get involved with a bc survivor group in the area. You will find lots of help there. Or, call the American Cancer Society. They have bc survivors that will contact you and help you with your questions.

It looks like noone is from
    It looks like noone is from the area you asked about. The ACS does have a Reach for Recovery program that would probably help you out. Just call the ACS. Their toll free number is on this site. Good luck!
  • denbralou

It looks like noone is from
    It looks like noone is from the area you asked about. The ACS does have a Reach for Recovery program that would probably help you out. Just call the ACS. Their toll free number is on this site. Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate all the replies. I get my chemo port in tomorrow and start chemo on Monday. Wish me luck.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    denbralou said:

Thanks
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate all the replies. I get my chemo port in tomorrow and start chemo on Monday. Wish me luck.

Denbralou
    Even though no one

Denbralou
    Even though no one have used this center, please remember that we are all here to help you through this journey. There are many similarities in treatment so if you have any questions, please ask us. Someone is bound to have an opinion, an answer or just support for you. I wish you good luck through all that lies ahead. We are here for you.
    Stef
  • denbralou
    fauxma said:

Denbralou
    Even though no one

Denbralou
    Even though no one have used this center, please remember that we are all here to help you through this journey. There are many similarities in treatment so if you have any questions, please ask us. Someone is bound to have an opinion, an answer or just support for you. I wish you good luck through all that lies ahead. We are here for you.
    Stef

Thanks Everyone
    Although I have not found anyone that is in my area, I thank you all for your responses and support. I just had my "power port" installed yesterday for chemo and am a bit sore, but doing okay. I start my first treatment on Monday. Wish me luck. After four months of chemo I will be getting a bilateral masectomy, which scares me a bit, but I know I can get through this.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    denbralou said:

Thanks Everyone
    Although I have not found anyone that is in my area, I thank you all for your responses and support. I just had my "power port" installed yesterday for chemo and am a bit sore, but doing okay. I start my first treatment on Monday. Wish me luck. After four months of chemo I will be getting a bilateral masectomy, which scares me a bit, but I know I can get through this.

You will get through it and
    You will get through it and we will be here anytime you need us. This is a great group of women and Aortus (our token guy) and full of advice, cheer, humor and whatever you might need.
    Stef
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    denbralou said:

Thanks Everyone

Welcome
    Sorry you were having a hard time with your post disappearing. Good luck on Monday. I had a port, too. Made it so much easier.We're here for any questions you may have. Again, welcome!

Mimi
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    from Pa but not treated
    from Pa but not treated there...
  • Novacat
    Novacat Member Posts: 1
    e_hope said:

from Pa but not treated
    from Pa but not treated there...

Penn State Hershey
    I tried once before to register here but it failed for some reason. but because I very much want to respond to your post, I made another effort and apparently it worked this time.

My wife received her diagnosis from Penn State-Hershey Breast Center and has been treated there since April, 2009. She and I are both very satisfied with the treatment and care she has received and with the professionalism of the staff.

She had two rounds of chemo (A/C and Taxol) a modified radical mastectomy, and she is now receiving radiation treamtments to be followed with clodronate in a clinical trial and hormonal treatment later. Penn State-Hershey is probably one of the top three or so breast cancer treatment centers in Pennsylvania, about 50 minutes from our home, and from what I can gather is bidding to become one of the top tier treatment centers in the East on a par with Hopkins, Penn, Sloan Kettering, etc. It is a teaching hospital and so has access to the latest technoloogies and professional information available.

It has my complete endorsement and I'm sure my wife's as well, and I have no hesitation in reccommending it to you.
  • denbralou
    Novacat said:

Penn State Hershey
    I tried once before to register here but it failed for some reason. but because I very much want to respond to your post, I made another effort and apparently it worked this time.

My wife received her diagnosis from Penn State-Hershey Breast Center and has been treated there since April, 2009. She and I are both very satisfied with the treatment and care she has received and with the professionalism of the staff.

She had two rounds of chemo (A/C and Taxol) a modified radical mastectomy, and she is now receiving radiation treamtments to be followed with clodronate in a clinical trial and hormonal treatment later. Penn State-Hershey is probably one of the top three or so breast cancer treatment centers in Pennsylvania, about 50 minutes from our home, and from what I can gather is bidding to become one of the top tier treatment centers in the East on a par with Hopkins, Penn, Sloan Kettering, etc. It is a teaching hospital and so has access to the latest technoloogies and professional information available.

It has my complete endorsement and I'm sure my wife's as well, and I have no hesitation in reccommending it to you.

Thanks Novacat
    Thanks for the info Novacat. I am trying to send you a PM but it isn't working. If you notice this, please PM me. Thanks
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    I am from PA, but I wasn't
    I am from PA, but I wasn't treated there, but my understanding Hershey Medical Center is an excellent hospital and cancer tretment center. I am from the Allentown/Bethlehem area, and i have to say I feel I had the best breast cancer surgeon from my area. He is well known and is awesome!

I have been going to St. Luke's Network. The Bethlehem hospital is also a teaching hospital. It is considered one of the top 25 hospitals in the US.
  • denbralou
    lanie940 said:

I am from PA, but I wasn't
    I am from PA, but I wasn't treated there, but my understanding Hershey Medical Center is an excellent hospital and cancer tretment center. I am from the Allentown/Bethlehem area, and i have to say I feel I had the best breast cancer surgeon from my area. He is well known and is awesome!

I have been going to St. Luke's Network. The Bethlehem hospital is also a teaching hospital. It is considered one of the top 25 hospitals in the US.

Thanks Lanie940
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I have started my treatments, I am having chemo before my masectomy. I have only had one chemo treatment so far and my next one is on Tuesday. It was a hard decision to make, I went to 3 different centers and finally had to make a decision and decided on Hershey, so far so good.