ever hear "desensitization" for taxotere?

Options
Lynda53
Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok, so my taxotrere was stopped weeks ago, as I reacted to 2nd treatemnet and could not breathe (stopped) My suregery was going to be moved to this week, but mri shows skin cancer and the onco and surgeon want to try to get me back onto the 3.75 treatments I did not get.
The idea is a different hospital to see an allergist, to see if they can desensitize me to taxotere, so they can restart the treatments. Although I am glad surgery is again after the holidays, I wonder if this will work?
The original doses did shrink the beast (IBC) from 5cm to 1.25. The cancer in the skin is a precaition for the surgery to get it all.
A shiny penny for your thoughts?
Peace

Comments

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Tatotere
    Hi,i also had a allergic reaction to this chemo drug.They just stopped my treatments.So I can not help you their.Good luck.(ppurdin).
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    steroids
    Linda,
    I am sorry. I know they could increase a steroids dose to minimize the allergic reaction. I do not know if this applicable to the breathing problems.
    Hugs
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Options

steroids
    Linda,
    I am sorry. I know they could increase a steroids dose to minimize the allergic reaction. I do not know if this applicable to the breathing problems.
    Hugs

thanks we did the steroids.did not work
    seems breathing is a big issue!
    Peace
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Lynda53 said:

thanks we did the steroids.did not work
    seems breathing is a big issue!
    Peace

I have never heard of this
    I have never heard of this Lynda, but, wanted to wish you good luck!

Debby