Options
2»

Comments

• AmandaMarie29
    AmandaMarie29 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I am alive .. THANK YOU for keeping me all your thoughts
    and prayers .. On Tuesday, 12/15 .. I finished my agressive chemo treatments .... I made it 16 weeks of non stop chemo treatment, 2 shy of the 18 weeks origianlly slated (herceptin and herceptin - so I'll pick these up in Jan 2010, when I start my every 3 week cycle of herceptin for 6 months). My Onc made the recommendation yesterday, due to the toxic levels in my blood, crazy chemo TCH is not leaving my body,- my wild and never ending side efforts, not to mention that I am fainting several times a weeks, or as I call them black outs.

So I don't know whether to celebrate or cry. .. I guess I'll do both. I am so excited to be finished with my chemo treatments. I can not beleive it .. I thought I may never see this day. I am weak, fatigued and bruised. I have lived my last 3 weeks in bed, leaving my home - only for chemo treatments.

I want to send THANK YOU's to each and everyone one of you wonderful women who have helped me along the way, kept me going by your caring and love. You are awesome WARRIORS.

Love to you all,

VickiSam

Very glad that you are back!
    Very glad that you are back! Rest and get your strength back :)

Mandi
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    meena1 said:

Glad you are back. i got
    Glad you are back. i got your message also

Well it is about time
    Well it is about time sister. Thank you for updating us, I hope that you have learned that you can't not keep us informed. (was that a double negative hmmmmm) Any way I am sorry that you have had such a hard time of it, please know that you are in my prayers and thought always.
    tj
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    VickiSam said:

and prayers .. On Tuesday, 12/15 .. I finished my agressive chemo treatments .... I made it 16 weeks of non stop chemo treatment, 2 shy of the 18 weeks origianlly slated (herceptin and herceptin - so I'll pick these up in Jan 2010, when I start my every 3 week cycle of herceptin for 6 months). My Onc made the recommendation yesterday, due to the toxic levels in my blood, crazy chemo TCH is not leaving my body,- my wild and never ending side efforts, not to mention that I am fainting several times a weeks, or as I call them black outs.

So I don't know whether to celebrate or cry. .. I guess I'll do both. I am so excited to be finished with my chemo treatments. I can not beleive it .. I thought I may never see this day. I am weak, fatigued and bruised. I have lived my last 3 weeks in bed, leaving my home - only for chemo treatments.

I want to send THANK YOU's to each and everyone one of you wonderful women who have helped me along the way, kept me going by your caring and love. You are awesome WARRIORS.

Love to you all,

VickiSam

Strength and Hope
    Welcome back to the board, VickiSam. May you gain strength every second. I am reminded of that childhood song (it might be from a Christmas special?), "Put one foot in front of the other . . . soon you'll be walkin' out the door (of the infusion center)." I'm glad you'll now have the chance do do some real healing!

Peace,
    Linda from Baltimore
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Love to you all,

VickiSam

My hat is off to you for
    My hat is off to you for your strength. You are an awesome warrior. And my heart goes out to you for the side effects etc that this has brought you. But this part is finished and that is wonderful. It is so good to hear from you. Yes, celebrate and cry. They can be happy, sad, mad tears. Let them flow and wash away all that you have been through. Or at least put a little dent in it. I sincerely hope the black outs stop and the TCH leaves your body. Prayers that the rest of this journey is easier for you.
    Stef
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

Well it is about time
    Well it is about time sister. Thank you for updating us, I hope that you have learned that you can't not keep us informed. (was that a double negative hmmmmm) Any way I am sorry that you have had such a hard time of it, please know that you are in my prayers and thought always.
    tj

I'm so sorry for the hard
    I'm so sorry for the hard time your having, but glad your reaching the finish line of this portion of the journey... Thank you for letting us know how you are doing... and just remember we are here... for you!

Hugs,

~T
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Love to you all,

VickiSam

My goodness...
    Your chemo experience was horrendous, to put it mildly! Heartfelt congratulations for completion - it obviously required an awful lot of sheer inner strength to keep going. Many would have simply quit.

Take the very best care of yourself, now and for however long you may need to, in order to heal.

Kind regards,
    Susan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

My goodness...
    Your chemo experience was horrendous, to put it mildly! Heartfelt congratulations for completion - it obviously required an awful lot of sheer inner strength to keep going. Many would have simply quit.

Take the very best care of yourself, now and for however long you may need to, in order to heal.

Kind regards,
    Susan

Hi
    Welcome back VickiSam! We have missed you! Hope that soon you are feeling better!

♥ Noel