Surgery went well!

Maize
Maize Member Posts: 76
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I want to thank each of you for your well wishes and prayers. I had surgery last Tuesday. They removed the lump and 3 lymph nodes. The preliminary test did not find any cancerous cells in my lymph nodes. The surgeon had not gotten the final test results when I left the hospital Thursday evening. He is out of town and I won't hear FROM HIM until Wednesday. i AM A LITTLE SORE, BUT I am very thankful. None of the injections or tests were as bad as anticipated. I have a drain which I came home with.

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Welcome back Maize! Glad
    Welcome back Maize! Glad your surgery is behind you now. Praying that receive good news on your nodes! Rest and relax now.
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    happy
    Happy you are home.take things nice and slow and think good thoughts,everything will be fine.
  • Maize

happy
    Happy you are home.take things nice and slow and think good thoughts,everything will be fine.

I will!
    I feel guilty lying around, but I can't do much more without paying for it with pain:0 THANKS, Shortscake!
  • Maize
    Kylez said:

Welcome back Maize! Glad
    Welcome back Maize! Glad your surgery is behind you now. Praying that receive good news on your nodes! Rest and relax now.

Thank you!
    You are a blessing.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Maize said:

I will!
    I feel guilty lying around, but I can't do much more without paying for it with pain:0 THANKS, Shortscake!

Enjoy laying around! It was
    Enjoy laying around! It was hard for me at first, but i came to love it. I don't know why we feel guilty laying around. My hubby never looks guilty when he sits in his recliner all freaking night!!! lol. Take Care, Meena
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    good for you
    wishes for speedy recoup
    peace
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    So glad this step of your
    So glad this step of your journey is over. Take good care and let yourself heal. Hopefully the drain will come out soon. It seemsd like things were much better and easier for me once they were removed. Marilyn
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

So glad this step of your
    So glad this step of your journey is over. Take good care and let yourself heal. Hopefully the drain will come out soon. It seemsd like things were much better and easier for me once they were removed. Marilyn

Happy to hear that you are
    Happy to hear that you are home now. I hope you get your drain out soon. Rest and recover now.

Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Yeh! You are home now! I
    Yeh! You are home now! I am so happy that the pre test showed no cancer in your nodes. I am glad that it wasn't as bad as you had thought. Take care of yourself.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    meena1 said:

Enjoy laying around! It was
    Enjoy laying around! It was hard for me at first, but i came to love it. I don't know why we feel guilty laying around. My hubby never looks guilty when he sits in his recliner all freaking night!!! lol. Take Care, Meena

Praying for a fast recovery
    Praying for a fast recovery and a clean path report. Post and let us know.

HUGS
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    susie09 said:

Yeh! You are home now! I
    Yeh! You are home now! I am so happy that the pre test showed no cancer in your nodes. I am glad that it wasn't as bad as you had thought. Take care of yourself.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Now relax and recover.
    Now relax and recover. Congrats on the clean nodes!

Sue :)
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Ritzy said:

Now relax and recover.
    Now relax and recover. Congrats on the clean nodes!

Sue :)

Welcome home
    Good to see you posting. Now that you are home, just take care of yourself and get strong.

Lex♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Alexis F said:

Welcome home
    Good to see you posting. Now that you are home, just take care of yourself and get strong.

Lex♥

Welcome back Maize! Praying
    Welcome back Maize! Praying for a speedy recovery now for you.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Maize
    DianeBC said:

Welcome back Maize! Praying
    Welcome back Maize! Praying for a speedy recovery now for you.

Hugs, Diane ♥

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks so much for the support. The drain was removed last Tuesday. The final report no more cancer! Thank God. I go back today to get the stitches removed. I seem to be healing well. No word when I will begin radiation.

Thank God for each of you. My prayer is for healing for all of us.

Maize
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Maize said:

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks so much for the support. The drain was removed last Tuesday. The final report no more cancer! Thank God. I go back today to get the stitches removed. I seem to be healing well. No word when I will begin radiation.

Thank God for each of you. My prayer is for healing for all of us.

Maize

Glad to hear things are
    Glad to hear things are going well! Hugs.