Options
2»

Comments

• Gloria09
    Gloria09 Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Gloria09 said:

No nodes removed
    No nodes will be removed so I have it pretty easy and shouldn't be so anxious. They "think" they removed all the cancer during the biopsy last month so this surgury it just to remove more tissue around that area. It's just that nothing is certain the anxious part is more about what the results will be from the surgery.

Thank you everyone for all your support!

Thank you.
    You are all so great and I appreciate your words of encouragement. I'm sure it will go well with all positive thoughts and prayers reaching out for me tomorrow. I will sleep tonight as there isn't too much that keeps me awake especially if I take my warm shower with the special soap and keep my mind on happy things. And I do have happy things to think about, we will be grandparents in June. It's our first grandchild and we are all so very excited. I get to plan the baby shower with a couple of my daughters friends.

Thanks again everyone. I'll check back with you in a day or two. Gloria
  • terri805
    terri805 Member Posts: 122
    Options
    kickie said:

In my thought and prayers,
    In my thought and prayers, you will get thru it ok. Wear that sexy bra they put on you!!!!

I will pray for you Gloria
    I will pray for you to have a successful surgery and a good report after. I am having a lumpectomy on Thursday and I am afraid also. It is the unknowing that scares me the most and worrying about what the pathology report will show. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you the best. Hope to hear good news from you soon.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Hi Gloria -
    I had a lumpectomy and node removal. That was on October 13 of last year. Everything seemed to be fine, but recently the breast started to itch near the scar. It gets embarrassing because you just can't scratch in public. I asked the oncologist and she said it was because all those little nerves that were cut during surgery are still reattaching themselves and it could last a while. I also asked her about the ache I get at the site of the scar from the lymph node removal and she had no reason for it other than I'm using that arm to drive and I have a new car and the steering is different. She is keeping an eye on it to make sure its nothing else. Other than that, within 2 days out of surgery it was feeling good. The worst part for me were the stupid bandages. I hate that clear plastic film - it ripped my skin trying to get it off.
    Hugs - Pat
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Hi Gloria -
    I had a lumpectomy and node removal. That was on October 13 of last year. Everything seemed to be fine, but recently the breast started to itch near the scar. It gets embarrassing because you just can't scratch in public. I asked the oncologist and she said it was because all those little nerves that were cut during surgery are still reattaching themselves and it could last a while. I also asked her about the ache I get at the site of the scar from the lymph node removal and she had no reason for it other than I'm using that arm to drive and I have a new car and the steering is different. She is keeping an eye on it to make sure its nothing else. Other than that, within 2 days out of surgery it was feeling good. The worst part for me were the stupid bandages. I hate that clear plastic film - it ripped my skin trying to get it off.
    Hugs - Pat

Good luck!
    Wishing you good luck today with your surgery Gloria!

♥ Noel