foot tenderness and chemo

jean m b
jean m b Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone out there had tender feet, as if you wore high heels for a very long day? Visually they look they same but it hurts all around the perimeter of my foot and on top of my little toe. Looking for ideas!

Jean

Comments

• marywest
    marywest Member Posts: 132
    Yes
    when I was on chemo my feet hurt real bad, it hurt to walk down the hallway it was almost crippling. For me it didn't go away until I finished chemo. I have no idea why it affects the feet. They were very tender, I couldnt even let the blankets touch them. I would call your doctor and see if there is anything you could take or do for that. I never asked because I was told it was from chemo so I just made the best out of it. I do hope you can get some kind of a solution on what to do. Are you on chemo right now? I will be thinking of you.
  • marywest
    marywest Member Posts: 132
    marywest said:

Yes
    when I was on chemo my feet hurt real bad, it hurt to walk down the hallway it was almost crippling. For me it didn't go away until I finished chemo. I have no idea why it affects the feet. They were very tender, I couldnt even let the blankets touch them. I would call your doctor and see if there is anything you could take or do for that. I never asked because I was told it was from chemo so I just made the best out of it. I do hope you can get some kind of a solution on what to do. Are you on chemo right now? I will be thinking of you.

one more thing
    read the post below about 15, its says answeres please, its in regards to soreness of the feet
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi Jean
    What kind of Chemo are you on? I don't know if it is the same as what I went through, but my feet started getting tender,then I noticed blisters developing. My Oncolgist recommended Vitamin E cream and OH! they felt SO much better! You should definetely call them & tell them what is happening. I got basically lectured for not calling them quicker. I didn't think sore feet was something to worry too much about, however,they need to know what side effects you are having. Hope you feel relief soon!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Dear Tenderfoot
    I, too have experienced tender feet/hands. If ur on Taxol, I believe that's the problem. I'm 6 wks done w it and still have some problems. They tell me it's neuropathy. Keep an eye on ur feet like a diabtic would. Comfy shoes, lotion rubs and soaks have helped mine. Good luck Katz
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Katz77 said:

Dear Tenderfoot
    I, too have experienced tender feet/hands. If ur on Taxol, I believe that's the problem. I'm 6 wks done w it and still have some problems. They tell me it's neuropathy. Keep an eye on ur feet like a diabtic would. Comfy shoes, lotion rubs and soaks have helped mine. Good luck Katz

No, I haven't had this, but,
    No, I haven't had this, but, I hope someone can help you with it. Sounds painful.

Lex♥
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Alexis F said:

No, I haven't had this, but,
    No, I haven't had this, but, I hope someone can help you with it. Sounds painful.

Lex♥

Yes
    probably neuropathy..but talk to your doctor. neuropathy can soemtimes clear up after chemo u nless it has done damage to the nerves. However..there are plenty of drugs to help you.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Yes
    probably neuropathy..but talk to your doctor. neuropathy can soemtimes clear up after chemo u nless it has done damage to the nerves. However..there are plenty of drugs to help you.

It might be neuropathy.
    It might be neuropathy. Call your oncologist and see if he can help you. Chemo can do it to you. Sorry

Hugs, Diane ♥