Diagnosed today...

Options
2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

would like to welcome
    would like to say welcome but when you come to the boards that means they have told you have the big BC and that is a very hard pill to take but one thing for sure the battle you are about will make you very strong and yes you will get scared when that happen come to the board someone here has been though what you are about to deal with. we are hear at all times so if you want to vent please do some times you cant tell family or friend but you can tell us anything because for sure someone on here has been though it also. hope to hear from you soon.

and dont forget yoou CAN
    and dont forget yoou CAN survive Breast cancer!!!!!!!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Dear Karina, Just wanted to
    Dear Karina, Just wanted to welcome you to this amazing site with all the wonderful women (and men) on board. You will be on a roller coaster ride for awhile, but it eases out too. Some days are good, some days not. I'm so sorry that you are so young to hear this news and I'm sorry for all of you young women who are here. I'm a newbie in the sense that I was dxed in Sept. and haven't had surgery yet, been on hormone therapy. I'm one of the older women here, close to 70, and wasn't so shocked when I heard the news because my mother died with bc. Still there are days when it seems like a nightmare and you just want to wake up. Let us know more about your cancer when you find out. We're here for you and want to know how you're doing.

Hi
    Hi Karina and welcome! There is so much support and encouragement here that you will be amazed. Bc is hard and we will help you to get thru it the best that we can. Hang in there.

♥ Noel
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi Karina and welcome. I am
    Hi Karina and welcome. I am so sorry you have to go thru this so young. My daughter-in-law is also unemployed elem teacher. She is thinking about going back to school to become nurse. Teachers and nurses are a special breed. This board has been a great source of info and support. We are all in it to win it, no matter how long or hard the journey. Hang in there and know you are not alone. Take good care of yourself. Marilyn
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Karina, just wanted to
    Karina, just wanted to welcome you. We'll be here to help you through your journey. Just take it one day at a time.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Karina,welcome to the boards.
    Hi,with your attitude you will be find.We are here for you.the people on these boards are so wonderful.They have helped me alot.Love and prayers.(Pat).
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Karina,welcome to the boards.
    Hi,with your attitude you will be find.We are here for you.the people on these boards are so wonderful.They have helped me alot.Love and prayers.(Pat).

WELCOME
    to the site.
    we have very remarkable and warm people here. You can find unconditional support and medical information.
    You have pretty constructive approach to your diagnosis which will help you to overcome challenges of cancer treatment.
    Please stay positive and visit this site on regular basis.
    New Flower
  • marywest
    marywest Member Posts: 132
    Options

WELCOME
    to the site.
    we have very remarkable and warm people here. You can find unconditional support and medical information.
    You have pretty constructive approach to your diagnosis which will help you to overcome challenges of cancer treatment.
    Please stay positive and visit this site on regular basis.
    New Flower

checking up on you
    Karina, how are you doing? What kind of a treatment plan have they given you? Mainly I am concerned about your heart and your thoughts. Keeping you in my prayers and sending you love.
  • Kathy09
    Kathy09 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Keep on this track
    The door is always open around here. Keep the positive thoughts, you will get thru this.
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    Kathy09 said:

Keep on this track
    The door is always open around here. Keep the positive thoughts, you will get thru this.

we
    are all here for you.. It is a tough road and now you will get to know many warriors who have been in your shoes!! Stay strong and yes focus on you!! That is upmost important right now!! Keep us updated!!

Calleen
  • diane720
    diane720 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    hi Karina
    Hi Karina I'm 34 yrs old and was diagnosed in Sept/09. It was a complete shock to me too. I never thought this would happen to me, but it did. I know I am no longer the same woman. I am an improved version of myself. You will learn so much about yourself as you continue on in your journey. You will have your days, but don't forget about the finish line. Always stay positive!! Best wishes...
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Diagnosed Today
    Katrina, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. The women on this site are remarkable. They are so supportive. I was just diagnosed in Nov. I am 51. I am recovering from my lumpectomy which was done Dec 9th. I have my first appt with the Medical Oncologist the 28th of this month. I have been told I will have chemo for 4 months, herceptin for a year and then a medication for post menopausal women. I too am new to all of this. I wish I had more to share, but it seems we will start this journey together. what I can say is God has given me a peace that is beyond comprehension. Be strong and know that we will not only survive will become better and stronger women. I have not been on this board long, and I often have computer problems. But when I can I come here because I have people to share with. God Bless you and God will get US through this.
  • denbralou
    denbralou Member Posts: 66
    Options
    rrogers34 said:

Diagnosed Today
    Katrina, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. The women on this site are remarkable. They are so supportive. I was just diagnosed in Nov. I am 51. I am recovering from my lumpectomy which was done Dec 9th. I have my first appt with the Medical Oncologist the 28th of this month. I have been told I will have chemo for 4 months, herceptin for a year and then a medication for post menopausal women. I too am new to all of this. I wish I had more to share, but it seems we will start this journey together. what I can say is God has given me a peace that is beyond comprehension. Be strong and know that we will not only survive will become better and stronger women. I have not been on this board long, and I often have computer problems. But when I can I come here because I have people to share with. God Bless you and God will get US through this.

Hi Karina
    Hi Karina, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I am 43 and was just diagnosed a month ago. Everyone on this site is helpful and caring and will answer any questions you have. I will be starting my chemo on Monday. We all can get through this one step at a time.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    denbralou said:

Hi Karina
    Hi Karina, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I am 43 and was just diagnosed a month ago. Everyone on this site is helpful and caring and will answer any questions you have. I will be starting my chemo on Monday. We all can get through this one step at a time.

Karina......... welcome
    I do hope that we can help make this easier for you than it was for us (Being totally unaware of what was going to happen)
    I'm sorry you have to be here but this really is the best website for knowledge, Information and support... welcome to the club.

ANYTHING we can do? Just say the word. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    rrogers34 said:

Diagnosed Today

Rrogers34 - Sending you good luck wishes
    I wanted to wish you good luck Rrogers34 on the 28th. Post and let us know what your onco says. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Hugs, Diane ♥