Preserving Orginal Serous Cancer Speciman in Parafin

Songflower
Songflower Member Posts: 608
I called my pathologist that read my orginal report on my uterine cancer. He said they preserve it in parafin for quite some time and tests can be added at a later date. He was not sure what tests could be added.

I am not familiar with the molecular testing or tissue assay they perform. But I know they are testing for chemo resistance. Perhaps more is still available to use on a shelf somewhere preserved in parafin. I guess this calls for a little more research on our part.

I was just getting "into living" and away from the computer and cancer for a while. Here I go again! Although I did my imagery last night and yoga. Just thought I would share this information; we are a great team of researchers even though we are not oncologists!

Gotta run to work. Love you all!

Diane

Comments

• california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member
    Tumor cells that remain.
    Diane,

It took me an entire year of asking repeatedly indifferent ways to get a doctor to order the hormone receptor status on my cells, unfortunately, he didn't really understand what I wanted as he had never ordered them before, so I only got the er and pr results and not the HER -2 or whatever that's called. My tumor, 40% pr, 60% er but mostly for the endometrial part and not the serous. My tumor was 35% or more serous and the rest endo. It measured 3cmx2cmc1cm so one can do the math if interested.

Still thinking of taking a road trip. If I had a vehicle that could go over 35mph without doing a severe shimmy, I'd be long gone.

Love to drive. Just love it!

claudia

Listening to rock from the sixties and lovin' life! dah da do de wa wa blam blam blam ; ~ )
    Good bye stranger, it's been nice la de dah feel no sorrow feel no pain we will ever meet again

What the heck is the name of that song. and the tape just clicked off. A recording I made from my old records, that's right Ladies. I have records. In storage, so I can't look up who sang that. Anyone know????? eh????? Love Kris kristoferson or however you spell it.
    Now, this is what I call really digressing.Fire on the mountain weeeeeeeeeeeeewhoooooooooooo Marshall Tucker Band, right?
    Gotta goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo apparently thar's gold in them hills.
  • Tumor cells that remain.
    Diane,

It took me an entire year of asking repeatedly indifferent ways to get a doctor to order the hormone receptor status on my cells, unfortunately, he didn't really understand what I wanted as he had never ordered them before, so I only got the er and pr results and not the HER -2 or whatever that's called. My tumor, 40% pr, 60% er but mostly for the endometrial part and not the serous. My tumor was 35% or more serous and the rest endo. It measured 3cmx2cmc1cm so one can do the math if interested.

Still thinking of taking a road trip. If I had a vehicle that could go over 35mph without doing a severe shimmy, I'd be long gone.

Love to drive. Just love it!

claudia

Listening to rock from the sixties and lovin' life! dah da do de wa wa blam blam blam ; ~ )
    Good bye stranger, it's been nice la de dah feel no sorrow feel no pain we will ever meet again

What the heck is the name of that song. and the tape just clicked off. A recording I made from my old records, that's right Ladies. I have records. In storage, so I can't look up who sang that. Anyone know????? eh????? Love Kris kristoferson or however you spell it.
    Now, this is what I call really digressing.Fire on the mountain weeeeeeeeeeeeewhoooooooooooo Marshall Tucker Band, right?
    Gotta goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo apparently thar's gold in them hills.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Dah???
    Good thing I have the genius IQ or where would I be??? If this is genius, what's not?? I feel like such a dolt most of the time, at least compared to how I used to be.

Does genius fade????