New symptom

Katz77
Katz77 Member Posts: 598
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Alrighty then! Bluish toes and heels anyone. Is this part of the "neuropathy"? As the day goes on they get blood red, so do my palms. No tingling,pain or numbness. I finished taxol/herceptin cocktail 10/22, now just on herceptin every two weeks. rads have started,6 txs so far. Could that be a side effect of rads. Is the taxol still in my system 6 wks after stopping it? I see onc tomorrow, so I will ask him. Just wondering if any "blue toes" out there. Thanks for all you guys do. Katz

Comments

• Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    I had that after 1 treatment
    I had that after 1 treatment of taxol. My fingers swelled up, turned a burned red color and pulsated. My feet turned red and felt like I was walking on blisters. My finger/toenails turned red and cuticles turned blue. My oncol. took me off the taxol. I also passed out and was sick to my stomach for 1 1/2 days. That was on 10/7 and still have soreness and peeling in hands and feet. Oncol. said it's out of my system but the damage takes awhile to heal. Fun is!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Sher43009 said:

I had that after 1 treatment of taxol. My fingers swelled up, turned a burned red color and pulsated. My feet turned red and felt like I was walking on blisters. My finger/toenails turned red and cuticles turned blue. My oncol. took me off the taxol. I also passed out and was sick to my stomach for 1 1/2 days. That was on 10/7 and still have soreness and peeling in hands and feet. Oncol. said it's out of my system but the damage takes awhile to heal. Fun is!

My last taxol treatment was
    My last taxol treatment was Nov 18. I am continuing on Herceptin every 3 weeks. My toe nail are a mess. My finger nails are like black & Blue and they hurt. Dry skin is a big problem that no matter what I use it just won't go away. I start Rads 1st week of Jan. I hope I don't fry.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    I have heard
    I have heard others who have had similar problems. I had some whiteness under the nails, like they were separated from the skin underneath, and I had some tingling and feeling bruised, like a stubbed toe. If the problem is severely uncomfortable I would definitely recommend asking the Dr. if there are options.

Take care of yourself, seof
  • Katz77
    Sher43009 said:

Thanks to all
    Thank you for ur responses. I knew I wasn't nuts. I live in NM and it's a dry climate, but this is def different. Like I said, finished taxol 10/22, but it seems to get worse after herceptin. Think there's a connection w herceptin? Hey that kind of rhymes. lol
  • marywest
    marywest Member Posts: 132
    seof said:

I have heard
    I have heard others who have had similar problems. I had some whiteness under the nails, like they were separated from the skin underneath, and I had some tingling and feeling bruised, like a stubbed toe. If the problem is severely uncomfortable I would definitely recommend asking the Dr. if there are options.

Take care of yourself, seof

did you get some answers
    Just wondering if you got some answers from your doctor. My feet hurt real bad and lost my toe nails and finger nails. It was from the chemo. I was also on chemo for six months, and had infusions once a week. It did a number on me. It sure cause side affects some are worse than others. Anyway I hope you are feeling better.
  • Katz77
    marywest said:

did you get some answers
    Just wondering if you got some answers from your doctor. My feet hurt real bad and lost my toe nails and finger nails. It was from the chemo. I was also on chemo for six months, and had infusions once a week. It did a number on me. It sure cause side affects some are worse than others. Anyway I hope you are feeling better.

oh my gosh
    I'm so sorry. I don't think Im that bad. I hope. No I see my onc Monday. They had to reschedule cause of snow in Albuquerque. They have to fly our docs in and out. I live in the southwest corner of NM. What a deicated group uh?
    Are you on taxol? I didn't have probs during treatment. Finished it 10/22. They (nurses) say it stays in ur system for awhile. I'm not totally convienced. I will let you know what he says. Did ur nails grow back? Katz
  • Katz77
    Kat11 said:

My last taxol treatment was
    My last taxol treatment was Nov 18. I am continuing on Herceptin every 3 weeks. My toe nail are a mess. My finger nails are like black & Blue and they hurt. Dry skin is a big problem that no matter what I use it just won't go away. I start Rads 1st week of Jan. I hope I don't fry.

frying!
    You won't fry. lol I just completed my 8th tx. 20 more to go. yeah