Options
2»

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Deb1969 said:

My nephew was in elementary
    My nephew was in elementary school probably around 8 years old, the age when they start asking is there really a santa. Well Santa came to see all the kids at school,my nephew told santa what he wanted but would not tell the rest of the family what he asked for he said if he told noone and got what he asked santa for then he would if santa was real or not.
    Heres the funny part, his mother had bought what he asked only santa for (something Scooby Doo)He opened the gift and said "there really is a santa, cause he was the only one I told"
    Deb

I keep checking for new
    I keep checking for new stories and Deb came thru. His mother was lucky that she got that for him. It proved Santa did exist. Cute story Deb. Thanks!

Debby
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

I keep checking for new
    I keep checking for new stories and Deb came thru. His mother was lucky that she got that for him. It proved Santa did exist. Cute story Deb. Thanks!

Debby

Saving these lol
    I am adding this to My Favorites so that when I need an uplifting or a chuckle, I will just reread this post.

KYLEZ ♥
  • DebbyM
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Sweet face? Moi? lol
    Your friend had the right idea to take the gift, wear it and then wrap it back up. lol 2 funny Stef! I never thought of that. Drats!

And, the chicken wire thingie? I am surprised that Dad didn't do that. lol He had plenty of that at the farm.

The locked door did the trick. I never even tried again. Maybe it was just a "thing" I was going thru at the time. My parents used to bring that up at every Christmas. You see, I was the ummmmmm ornery one in the family. I know, I know, it is hard to believe, but, I am confessing to it. But, I have changed! ( sort of lol )

Love, Jeanne ♥

I admit that I thought more
    I admit that I thought more than once when I was younger about opening up my gifts and then re wrapping them, but, I was a big scaredy cat. Never did it. You were one brave little girl Jeanne.

Debby
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

These little stories got me giggling
    which may not be a good thing at work!

When my youngest (daughter) was 3 years old she needed to go to the dentist. I had all the visions of her older bro (who took 5 adults to keep in one place despite the Noctec syrup). But she sailed right through with not a peep or cry. Imagine my reaction when she began shrieking in the waiting room AFTER the procedure while I was settling the bill. I had just given her a paper cup of water. When I knelt down beside her she was sobbing the words "mama I aint got no wips!" She had just discovered the effects of novacaine!
    She still talks about this and to this day doesn't like novacaine (she's 23). Lola

Lola
    That is too funny!

Leeza
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it!!!
    Hugs, Kathi
  • DebbyM
    Options

Great stories!
    The best one I can remember is about 2 of my nieces.

They went on a trip with their grandparents (my parents) and were staying in hotels along the way. Of course, the biggest thrill for little girls was the fact that the hotels have pools so they could go swimming. Well, the first night they checked in to their room, and once they settled in went to go out to get a bite to eat only to find it was raining outside. My oldest niece said "Oh no, it's raining!", and her younger sister then turned to her and said "Shhhh! Don't tell!"

HaHa Cindy! Shhhh Don't
    HaHa Cindy! Shhhh Don't tell Ha! Thanks!
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    KathiM said:

Love it, love it!!!
    Hugs, Kathi

Oh Yeah!
    When my son Jamie was about 4 my mum used to love to take him shopping and teach him to read at the same time...Labels, Posters etc... One Christmas she was in the middle of Tesco (quite posh) and is doing her stuff... Jamie was trying to work something out by the freezer section... Then he came out with it: "BIG B@ST@RD TURKEY!".... Mother was mortified... "No no no!... Big BASTED Turkey!" LOL
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Oh Yeah!
    When my son Jamie was about 4 my mum used to love to take him shopping and teach him to read at the same time...Labels, Posters etc... One Christmas she was in the middle of Tesco (quite posh) and is doing her stuff... Jamie was trying to work something out by the freezer section... Then he came out with it: "BIG B@ST@RD TURKEY!".... Mother was mortified... "No no no!... Big BASTED Turkey!" LOL

I love that. And of course,
    I love that. And of course, it is in a posh place cause this stuff always happens at the most embarrassing places and times. Like the time my nephew told someone very loudly after church that his sister writes in her diahrea. He meant diary. His dad was rolling the aisles on that one. I have to share yours with my brother. Too Funny.
    Stef
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    fauxma said:

I love that. And of course,
    I love that. And of course, it is in a posh place cause this stuff always happens at the most embarrassing places and times. Like the time my nephew told someone very loudly after church that his sister writes in her diahrea. He meant diary. His dad was rolling the aisles on that one. I have to share yours with my brother. Too Funny.
    Stef

These stories are so funny,
    These stories are so funny, we should just write stories like this! Here is mine:
    I am from a large Italian family and we always have a pasta along with turkey at Thanksgiving. When my son was in 2ND grade the teacher asked everyone to name Thanksgiving day food. Of course everyone said turkey, mashed potatoes, corn. And thennnn my son calls out 'SPEGHETTI", of course, the kids in the class were like "SPEGHETTI????", that not a T-day food! He still has flashbacks of that! Then, a few years after that, his younger sister did the same thing! They both swear that was the most embarrassing day ever.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Stef - ROMPER ROOM!?!?!
    WOW!

'Nuf said.

Kindest regards, Susan