Recovering from last chemo

Options
pgrace35
pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Finally feeling a bit human again,had my last chemo treatment on Weds have been laid up all weekend....so glad this part is almost over!! Found out last week that my first MRI that is in question by my radiation oncologist is my other breast, not the one with cancer. Needless to say I wasn't expecting that, in fact when she told me of her concern when we first spoke, she failed to mention it was my left, didn't come up until our last conversation. I'm trying to be positive, hoping she is just be over cautious, which is fine, but it's scary, ready to move onto radiation and my other procedure. Just feeling a bit bummed, sure the chemo isn't helping matters.

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I absolutely love your
    I absolutely love your picture! What a happy,sweet face you have! I know you didn't want to have the "other breast" MRI'd, but for the record, my oncologist did the same thing. Just ruling anything and everything out before rads started. Rest up~and HOORAY for finishing chemo!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Pgrace, your smiling face is
    Pgrace, your smiling face is lovely, as Chen wrote. Like you and her, I had an MRI ordered on the opposite breast. So, I think it is standard to have that done for the unaffected breast.

I was scared, just as you are, but also it was a relief to get the absolutely All-Clear on my remaining breast. The hard part, of course, is going through the test and waiting for the results. I am sending you good thoughts and hopes for excellent test results.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Pgrace, your smiling face is lovely, as Chen wrote. Like you and her, I had an MRI ordered on the opposite breast. So, I think it is standard to have that done for the unaffected breast.

I was scared, just as you are, but also it was a relief to get the absolutely All-Clear on my remaining breast. The hard part, of course, is going through the test and waiting for the results. I am sending you good thoughts and hopes for excellent test results.

I am sending you lots of
    I am sending you lots of good, positive thoughts Pgrace! Praying for good results for you!

KYLEZ ♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I absolutely love your
    I absolutely love your picture! What a happy,sweet face you have! I know you didn't want to have the "other breast" MRI'd, but for the record, my oncologist did the same thing. Just ruling anything and everything out before rads started. Rest up~and HOORAY for finishing chemo!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I am praying that everything
    I am praying that everything will be fine! And, congrats on being done with chemo!

Your face just lights up!

Big Hugs!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

I am sending you lots of
    I am sending you lots of good, positive thoughts Pgrace! Praying for good results for you!

KYLEZ ♥

Congrats on being done with
    Congrats on being done with chemo. Rads are very doable.

You have a beautiful smile!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • marywest
    marywest Member Posts: 132
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Congrats on being done with
    Congrats on being done with chemo. Rads are very doable.

You have a beautiful smile!

Hugs, Diane ♥

your beautiful
    Finishing up chemo you get to the point you cant wait for it to all be over with and then something comes up on an x-ray or some other test. When I was finished with chemo and getting ready for radiation they saw spots on my liver, that scared me I didn't want cancer to of spread, so far so good. We dont' want anything at all to happen, but the good thing is that they are keeping a good eye out for you and dont' want to dismiss anything. I am sure you will be fine, it is unsettling waiting again for results. Praying for you and thank God chemo is out the window! Hair will start growing, however, your picture looks really good.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi pgrace
    I hope everything goes well for you. You look great.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hi Pgrace
    Pgrace, I am sending you big hugs and lots of prayers!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi pgrace
    I hope everything goes well for you. You look great.

Praying that everything will
    Praying that everything will be fine! You are so beautiful! Please keep us updated.

Big Hugs,

Leeza
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Congratulations on being
    Congratulations on being finished with chemo! That's first and foremost! Once we finish chemo, the rest is just the rest. As for these other tests and possible results...try not to worry about the second bullet. Just breathe and take it one moment at a time. I'm trying to do the exact same thing...starting rads in two weeks...all we can do is keep focusing on the moment and not worry about what hasn't happened yet. Good luck! Pitt
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Options
    pitt said:

Congratulations on being
    Congratulations on being finished with chemo! That's first and foremost! Once we finish chemo, the rest is just the rest. As for these other tests and possible results...try not to worry about the second bullet. Just breathe and take it one moment at a time. I'm trying to do the exact same thing...starting rads in two weeks...all we can do is keep focusing on the moment and not worry about what hasn't happened yet. Good luck! Pitt

good wishes
    It sounds like this could just be cautious standard procedure. Try to celebrate getting to this point. The rest of the journey will happen whether you worry or relax...opt for relax as much as possible. Glad you are feeling better.
    becky
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    pitt said:

Congratulations on being

I want to wish you good luck
    I want to wish you good luck with rads Pitt!

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣
  • pgrace35
    pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
    Options
    susie09 said:

I want to wish you good luck
    I want to wish you good luck with rads Pitt!

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣

Thank You Ladies
    I always feel so much better and not alone when I come to my sisters!! You are all my strength....
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    pgrace35 said:

Thank You Ladies
    I always feel so much better and not alone when I come to my sisters!! You are all my strength....

Never
    You are never alone Pgrace! We are all here for you for as long as you need us!

KYLEZ ♥