I AM SCARED :-( HELP

Options

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Of course you have my
    Of course you have my prayers, Lex. I remember facing my first mammo on my remaining breast. It was emotional and scary. I didn't get an ultrasound, but that is because my affected breast was removed. It seems fairly common for women with lumpectomies to get both. Mimi,for example, got both.

As far as the pain, I think that some of the other ladies facing the same situation did take something. I always take an OTC pain relief med, anyway. You might check previous posts and check with your doctor/nurse. I would think you could get something for the discomfort. You should not have to tolerate any pain.

You will be fine, Lex. If Tink can struggle with that keyhole day and night, you, her hero, can hang in there, too! I'm betting on it.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Of course you have my
    Of course you have my prayers, Lex. I remember facing my first mammo on my remaining breast. It was emotional and scary. I didn't get an ultrasound, but that is because my affected breast was removed. It seems fairly common for women with lumpectomies to get both. Mimi,for example, got both.

As far as the pain, I think that some of the other ladies facing the same situation did take something. I always take an OTC pain relief med, anyway. You might check previous posts and check with your doctor/nurse. I would think you could get something for the discomfort. You should not have to tolerate any pain.

You will be fine, Lex. If Tink can struggle with that keyhole day and night, you, her hero, can hang in there, too! I'm betting on it.

Thanks Moopy! Yes, if Tink
    Thanks Moopy! Yes, if Tink can struggle with that keyhole, I will get thru this. ( shaking in my boots )

Lex♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Thanks Moopy! Yes, if Tink
    Thanks Moopy! Yes, if Tink can struggle with that keyhole, I will get thru this. ( shaking in my boots )

Lex♥

Lex ☻
    Don't be afraid Lex. Just remember that these tests will prove to you that with all that you have done, that you are now free of the beast. So, when you hear that good news that everything is clear, know that we are all right there with you celebrating!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Alexis F
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Lex, I can only imagine the
    Lex, I can only imagine the stress that goes along with the first tests. I haven't been there yet, either, but know that we'll all be there with you. Everything will turn out to be just fine. Keep up the positive thoughts!!

These first tests I know
    These first tests I know have to be the worst! I don't think I will be so scared once I get these out of the way. I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up and they are done and clean! Thanks for your prayers!
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    Options
    Praying for you
    I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
    May everything be negative on the new test....
    May the Lord gives you the strength you need....
    let us know the results....
  • Alexis F
    Options
    ppurdin said:

mamogram
    Oh I can only imagine how scary this is.I have not done this first one since my dignoses.I know it will be tuff like you know .I will pray that it goes well and that they don,t find anything.We are here if you need us.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

Thanks for your prayers Pat.
    Thanks for your prayers Pat. Trust me, they help. I hope that you are doing better now. It is so great to have this site!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

These first tests I know
    These first tests I know have to be the worst! I don't think I will be so scared once I get these out of the way. I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up and they are done and clean! Thanks for your prayers!

Lex
    I am praying that everything will be OK for you! I am sending you lots of positive thoughts! Let us know when you can about your results!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Taina said:

Praying for you
    I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
    May everything be negative on the new test....
    May the Lord gives you the strength you need....
    let us know the results....

Lex
    I called my oncologist this morning and he said the he will also order an ultrasound with my mammogram. But, it isn't time for me yet. So, I guess it is normal to have both done. Praying for you!
  • Alexis F
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Lex ☻
    Don't be afraid Lex. Just remember that these tests will prove to you that with all that you have done, that you are now free of the beast. So, when you hear that good news that everything is clear, know that we are all right there with you celebrating!

♥ Kristin ♥

I know Kristin. When I
    I know Kristin. When I think rationally, which isn't often, I realize this is for my own good. And, I will be relieved if everything is ok finally. I am ready to celebrate! LOL

Lex
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Lex
    I called my oncologist this morning and he said the he will also order an ultrasound with my mammogram. But, it isn't time for me yet. So, I guess it is normal to have both done. Praying for you!

I will be thinking of you
    I will be thinking of you Lex and praying that your tests will come out perfect!

Angie
  • Gloria09
    Gloria09 Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Lex
    You are in my prayers!
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    Options
    good vibes going your way!!!
    (((((( good vibes))))))xoxooxxxoxoox
    Lisa
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Angie2U said:

I will be thinking of you
    I will be thinking of you Lex and praying that your tests will come out perfect!

Angie

Lex ♥

We all are petrified

by any new test that we have to have. Just remember that it is to save your life and once

the test is over and you get your good results, you will be so happy! Then, you will come

on here and post and tell us and we will all celebrate with you! So, do we have a date?

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Miracle53
    Miracle53 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Scared
    Hi Lex, I just want to say I understand how you feel and I will most definitely keep you in my prayers that everything goes well. I had to have a masectomy of one breast because my breasts are so small. I opted for reconstruction . I have expanders and although I'm not in pain its quite uncomfortable.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Miracle53 said:

Scared
    Hi Lex, I just want to say I understand how you feel and I will most definitely keep you in my prayers that everything goes well. I had to have a masectomy of one breast because my breasts are so small. I opted for reconstruction . I have expanders and although I'm not in pain its quite uncomfortable.

Hi Alexis, I had a
    Hi Alexis, I had a lumpectomy last June, did the chemo, doing the herceptin and now starting Rads probably the 1st week of 2010. Having my fist mammy since surgery a few weeks ago was like starting all over again. I was so scared. It did not hurt as much as I thought it would and they gave me my results right then and there. All looked good. I know the fear, but will it matter if its our first mammy after sugery or I would think from this point forward it will be all mammys and any test they want to do to us. We will always have that fear. Good Luck.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Hi Alexis, I had a
    Hi Alexis, I had a lumpectomy last June, did the chemo, doing the herceptin and now starting Rads probably the 1st week of 2010. Having my fist mammy since surgery a few weeks ago was like starting all over again. I was so scared. It did not hurt as much as I thought it would and they gave me my results right then and there. All looked good. I know the fear, but will it matter if its our first mammy after sugery or I would think from this point forward it will be all mammys and any test they want to do to us. We will always have that fear. Good Luck.

Mammos yuck
    Hi Kat. I haven't seen you on for a long time. Glad your chemo is over. I want to wish you good luck with rads.

And Lex, see all of the good positive thoughts and prayers on here for you. You will be fine as we will all be right there with you helping you!

Hugs, Debby
  • Alexis F
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Mammos yuck
    Hi Kat. I haven't seen you on for a long time. Glad your chemo is over. I want to wish you good luck with rads.

And Lex, see all of the good positive thoughts and prayers on here for you. You will be fine as we will all be right there with you helping you!

Hugs, Debby

O M G
    I am so overwhelmed by all of you! Thank you for all of this. I really feel so anxious and all of you are calming me down. I know I need to do this. I am just scared that they will find something, more bc. I need to think positive. Or, at least try.

Lex♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

O M G
    I am so overwhelmed by all of you! Thank you for all of this. I really feel so anxious and all of you are calming me down. I know I need to do this. I am just scared that they will find something, more bc. I need to think positive. Or, at least try.

Lex♥

Luck Thursday!
    Good luck on Thursday Lex! You will get thru the mammo and the ultrasound and you will be professing NED to everyone!

Hugs, Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Alexis F said:

O M G

Lex♥

I am glad that you are
    I am glad that you are calming down. Maybe your oncologist could prescribe a nerve pill for you before you have the tests this week? I am sure that everyone goes thru this being afraid. I haven't had mine scheduled yet, so when I do, I am sure I will be on here too asking for help. Good luck Lex!

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

I am glad that you are
    I am glad that you are calming down. Maybe your oncologist could prescribe a nerve pill for you before you have the tests this week? I am sure that everyone goes thru this being afraid. I haven't had mine scheduled yet, so when I do, I am sure I will be on here too asking for help. Good luck Lex!

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣

Luck tomorrow!
    Good luck tomorrow Lex with your tests! I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of gentle hugs and huge positive thoughts!

Sue :)