Hand Pain

Aliaslisa
Aliaslisa Member Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Happy Holidays to everyone! I have a question. The other day I woke up and my left hand was hurting so badly that I was crying. It is my left breast that is my problem. My right hand hurt some too, but not like the left. I looked in one of my many books on cancer and chemo and in one of them it did mention hand pain, I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this, how long it went on and if anything was done about it. When I mentioned it to my doctor, he didn't seem to be familiar with this sort of thing. Thanks in advance for any answers. Lisa

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    idea
    If you had lymph nodes removed it may be related to lymphodema. I have occasional tingling in my right hand (the side where nodes were removed), though I have not yet had swelling. If not, I guess it is just related to the nerves that run through the arms/shoulders trying to recover. I still have occasional muscle pain/stiffness in the underarm on the right side, though surgery was done Dec. of 2007. If you are on chemo, I know I have read some posts here about survivors who have had pain in the extremities from some drugs. You could try chemocare.com to look up your specific drugs and their side effects.

Hope this helps a bit, seof
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    seof said:

idea
    If you had lymph nodes removed it may be related to lymphodema. I have occasional tingling in my right hand (the side where nodes were removed), though I have not yet had swelling. If not, I guess it is just related to the nerves that run through the arms/shoulders trying to recover. I still have occasional muscle pain/stiffness in the underarm on the right side, though surgery was done Dec. of 2007. If you are on chemo, I know I have read some posts here about survivors who have had pain in the extremities from some drugs. You could try chemocare.com to look up your specific drugs and their side effects.

Hope this helps a bit, seof

It might be something with
    It might be something with lymphedemia. Your oncologist needs to know and should be able to help you.

Hugs, Diane ♥