New on site ??'s about eyebrows & eyelashes

pattimc
pattimc Member Posts: 431
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all,

I have been reading this site for months and have learned so much from you remarkable ladies. I've decided to join in with the hopes that maybe I can help someone else or get help myself!

I was diagnosed May 27th and have had a lumpectomy, sentinel lymph node biopsy and 4 lymph nodes removed, 1 with cancer. I am stage 2.

I have had 4 rounds of cytoxan and taxotere and am beginning my 5th week of radiation on Monday.

My hair is growing back nicely and I have for the most part held on to my eyebrows and eyelashes. However,I just noticed that it seems like the eyebrows/eyelashes are really falling out! I had my last chemo 8 weeks ago, so what gives?? If the hair on my head is growing, why are they falling out?

Thanks!

Comments

• elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124
    Apparently this is "normal".
    Apparently this is "normal". Although I don't really consider any of what we're going through, normal. My eyelashes and eyebrows have fallen out 3 times so far, twice since I finished chemo July 2. My eyebrows are falling out now. Everything grows back, eyelashes and eyebrows for me grow back quickly. Hope this helps??
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    I just want to say hi and to
    I just want to say hi and to welcome you to the site patti!

HUGS
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member

I just want to say hi and to
    I just want to say hi and to welcome you to the site patti!

HUGS

welcome
    I experienced pretty much the same thing. I didn't have much eyebrows before all of this ... so I really didn't notice much loss there ... but I sure did notice the eyelashes coming out... even when the hair on my head started to grow back ... the eyelashes were still coming out. The strange thing is ... I'm not sure if I lost any of the lower lashes ... but the upper lashes REALLY came out and are growing back VERY slowly. I can put mascara on the lowers ... but when I try to put it on the upper lashes I end up with more mascara on my eyelid than my eyelashes ...

hugs.
    teena