Femara and Rheumatoid Arthritis

crselby
crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm posting this for my dear cousin who saw me through my cancer journey this year after being just 2 months ahead of me dealing with her own.

She is 48, dx in April 2009 with invasive, ER/PR+, low Oncotype, node negative. Took Femara for less than a month, quit as per onc's advice, but still had bone/muscle pain 3 months later.

She is starting to suspect rheumatoid arthritis (an immune system disorder) has set in from the physical and emotional stress of the past 9 months.

Have any of you had this experience?

Comments

• zenaida57
    zenaida57 Member Posts: 1
    Femara and Rheumatoid Arthritis
    I've taken Femara for the last year and a half. I have had worsening muscle and joint pain. I am currently being tested for Rheumatoid arthritis because my rheumatoid factor blood test came back very high. I also have fatigue, insomnia and depression which is all worse since taking Femara. I was diagnosed in 2002 - mastectomy - one node positive - chemotherapy - followed by 5 years of Tamoxifen and 1/1/2 years Femara. I think the drugs like Femara that stop Estrogen also are causing long term effects like arthritis and muscle disorders. My thoughts and prayers are with your cousin.