Options
2»

Comments

• Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    dorookie said:

WOW
    I am just blown away at your age, I was 38 when DX with stage 3 cc, and I, and my doctors were blown away at me being so young to have this. Is there any family history of cc or any type of cancer? Since then I have seen far to many young people getting DX with cc.

I went through surgery, radiation and 12 rounds of Folfox with only 7 treatments that included Oxy, had weird side effects so my ONC stopped the Oxy, my ONC was giving me the max on everything he was very aggressive, and I am thankful he was. Was clear for about 4 months then it came back, stage 4, had lung surgery and 8 months of chemo (Xeloda). Last month was my 3 month check up and I am now NED. I still have to live with some side effects, I have numbness and tingling in my left leg and foot, severe lower back pain, which I happen to think is from the radiation, but not for sure exactly.

You are strong, and you have found the best support in the world right here on this site. I can honestly say I wouldnt have made it through without them. They have saved me from some really dark times, and I hope that you will come back here anytime you need to, to ask questions, to vent, to cry, to tell us your NED (we love hearing that)!

We will be with you through this journey, you will not be alone...

God Bless you
    Beth

No family history
    it's just my luck :) my grandmother had breast cancer my grandfather had stomach cancer but I did genetic testing and it's not hereditary. I blame my pcp for letting it get as advanced as it is I saw her for bleeding and she kept saying I was too young to have anything wrong boy was she wrong. Anyways, thanks for your post I look forward to talking to you again
  • P_I_T_A
    P_I_T_A Member Posts: 133
    Options
    You can do it!
    Sorry to hear about your dx. Good thing joining this board, there's a wealth is support and knowledge on this board that you probably wont find anywhere else. I'm on tx 3 of my FOLFOX and, yes it's tough, but it's definately managable. Benefits surely outweigh the side effects. Hang in there, trust in your faith, and you'll get through this!

-DJ
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Options
    Be Blessed
    Dearest Lilmiss,

I'm so sorry that you have to go thru this. You are very young, which will hopefully be a plus for you. You are strong and can continue in this fight. Sometimes we just have to take things one day at a time, just as you have done in the past . I remember thinking I couldn't finish the chemo but I just put 1 foot in front of the other and one day I was done. I'm so glad you came here for support. Everyone is wonderful and we will be here for you. Whenever you get down, or scared try to remember that it helps to talk about it. Someone will have some wisdom for you and alot of hugs too. I will be praying for you.

God Bless you,

Debbie (gramma)