~H.E.L.P~

Options
taleena
taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Okay.. I don't know what's going on with me... but I find this to be real frustrating... I'm at work... around 11 o'clock I always eat a piece of beagle and take my Femara... today I have a terrible headache... so I remember taking an Excedrin... but I can't remember if I took my Femara... should I just skip it today or risk taking two???? H..E..L..P... If this is a sign of things to come, I'm doomed! UGH~

Hugs,

~T

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    I can't help with your immediate question, although I would probably suggest you try to get a hold of your doctor to ask about it, but I do have a suggestion that might help for any future incidents of forgetfulness/chemo brain:

You can get a "pill minder" from the drug store or market with little cups for each day of the week. Just fill it up each week and then you'll always know if you took your pill for that day. My husband takes so many different medicines/vitamins that I use this to make sure he doesn't forget and to keep from having to open half a dozen pill bottles every day.

Good luck!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Sorry
    I can't help with your immediate question, although I would probably suggest you try to get a hold of your doctor to ask about it, but I do have a suggestion that might help for any future incidents of forgetfulness/chemo brain:

You can get a "pill minder" from the drug store or market with little cups for each day of the week. Just fill it up each week and then you'll always know if you took your pill for that day. My husband takes so many different medicines/vitamins that I use this to make sure he doesn't forget and to keep from having to open half a dozen pill bottles every day.

Good luck!

Do not take second dose
    Call to your oncologist or skip.
    I am sure it did happened to many of us who has to take hormonal therapy fir five years.
    It is my understanding that double dose could cause more problems than missing one.
    Do not worry about it.
    Hugs
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hi T...........
    I don't know about taking another Femara...I'm not taking that.

But my suggestion was to get a small pillbox to fill & carry in your purse every day. That way you will know what you have and have not taken.
    My memory is horrible and I even have to keep a pillbox that I fill weekly for the dog who gets medication, because I CAN'T remember if I gave it to him or not!

CR
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Hi T...........
    I don't know about taking another Femara...I'm not taking that.

But my suggestion was to get a small pillbox to fill & carry in your purse every day. That way you will know what you have and have not taken.
    My memory is horrible and I even have to keep a pillbox that I fill weekly for the dog who gets medication, because I CAN'T remember if I gave it to him or not!

CR

Thank you ladies... okay...
    Thank you ladies... okay... I give in.. I always associated those weekly pill boxes with my grandma... (no disrespect intended)... I've never needed them before, then it dawned on me.... "I am a grandma".... duh... lol... called the hubby... luckily for me he's going by the store on his way home, guess what's now on his list... yep ... a daily pill box... Thanks again friends!

Hugs,

~T
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Thank you ladies... okay... I give in.. I always associated those weekly pill boxes with my grandma... (no disrespect intended)... I've never needed them before, then it dawned on me.... "I am a grandma".... duh... lol... called the hubby... luckily for me he's going by the store on his way home, guess what's now on his list... yep ... a daily pill box... Thanks again friends!

Hugs,

~T

I took Arimidex twice by mistake.
    I forgot I had taken it one day so I took it again. Nothing happened so I guess it was alright. Then I went out and bought the Mon - Sunday containers so I wouldn't have the problem again. I no longer take it at work. I take it in the morning so I'm more likely not to forger. It the container is empty, then I took it. Sad that my memory is so bad and I didn't have chemo!

Roseann
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Hugs,

~T

I know what you mean!
    My hubby fought it too because it reminded him of his grandma, but he's grateful each day to not have worry about it!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

I know what you mean!
    My hubby fought it too because it reminded him of his grandma, but he's grateful each day to not have worry about it!

I'm on Femara and I couldn't
    I'm on Femara and I couldn't remember one night whether I had taken it or not. Since I'm on a lot of medication, this comes up ever so often. My dr. always said to not take another but get back on schedule the next day. Its better to skip one dose than to double up. Some medications have a lot of side effects so its better not to add to them. I may have to get a daily pill box too. And I can't blame it on chemo brain.