want opinion n some health problems....chatroom told me to get out!!!

Options
Ander3223
Ander3223 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I am a 32 year old female. I have been not feeling to well for awhile. Always nauseas have problems with constipation/diarea, just over all not feeling well. I have been having left lower side pain. I had went to my gyno explaining my symptoms. I had exploritory surgery of my uterus. They had found a large fybriod tumor....so i had to have a partial hystorectomy. He said that he thought this would take the pain away. he did notice that my left ovary had a cyst on it and felt it was nothing to worry about. So I let it go for a little while. This side pain continued to get worse. And had been in er twice because of the pain and nausea. I couldn't even eat and lost about 10 lbs. When I went in to er the second time, they decided to do an ultrasound. They had found that the cyst on the left ovary was considered large. And this was about four months after my gyno had told me it was normal and would go away. anyway....After returning from er...I had went to bed and woke up in the worst pain I had ever felt. It wasnt just my side that was in extreme pain, but the hole lower part of my stomach was in so much pain....i was laying there screamng in pain. I had finally went back to my gyno and was told that he would put me on birth control pills to see if it would stop the problem and put me on antibiotics for the stomach pain saying it was an infection. But I took the birth control and still was having off and on pain. I have been off of then for about a week or two,and the side pain is getting worse again. I use the rest room and the pain zaps we right in my side. And I seem to be figting off bladder infections all the time. I jst don't feel right....somthing is wrong! I went to the chat room here to try and ask a few quetions......thinking some of these individuals might be able to get me some insight on a few things and they told me to get out before they boot me.....all i wanted was some input!!! I have lost 5 family members to cancer and my own mother has had cancer twice. I came here, because I have come to find out that doctors these days are not like they use to be. I have lost 2 family members to cancer do to miss diagnois with in the last 2 years. I know i need to see my doc. Just trying to do my own research to educate myself. Please help.

Comments

• Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    hello Ander
    I am sorry you are in so much pain - it must be a very scary time for you with your family history. I think you need a second opinion on your pain, is there another doctor at the hospital that you could see? or your primary care doctor? You shouldn't have to put up with pain like that.
    Take care Tina xx
  • Barbara53
    Barbara53 Member Posts: 652
    Options
    ovarian cysts hurt
    Ander,

My daughter has PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which keeps the ovaries upset a lot of the time. When a cyst ruptures it really hurts, and usually takes several days to resolve itself. I can understand how you would worry about having cancer with so many family members affected, but you could be the one who gets away clean.

I've had chronic bladder infections before, and when they're out of control and head up toward the kidneys there can be pain in one's side, almost like kidney stones. After about the fifth round of antibiotics they quit working, and I ended up doing a probiotic regimen (and eating no sugars or carbs) for 3 weeks. It worked!
  • Davita
    Davita Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I am an 11 year, 7 month
    I am an 11 year, 7 month survivor of ovarian cancer. When I was diagnosied I had a grade 2 tumor and was in stage 3c. I was told for a very long time the pain and issues I had was due to a cyst on my ovary. Well I am here to tell you the cyst that did not go away was a TUMOR. Find a doc that will listen to you. Family history alone would cause some alarms.
  • bluerose
    bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
    Options
    THE CHATROOM THREATENED TO BOOT YOU?
    I am a 20 year survivor of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and post on this board and use the chatroom and I am disgusted at how you were treated when you went in there for help. Usually there are kind helpful people in there but of course like in any other situation there are also the radicals sometimes.

If you have a second you would be doing everyone on this site, who uses the chatroom, a favour and report your incident to CSN here. They have a Feedback area and a contact link for their management and if you knew the date and approx time this occured they keep all the chat records I believe and can go back and look at it all for themselves and find out who the offenders were. Now I wasn't there so I don't know anything about the actual situation but if you were abused in any way on here then you would help out other new members by letting management know who is acting up on the site.

I am sorry for what you are going through with that cyst. I had a cyst and node found last year and I of course worry about a second cancer after all my treatment but this one so far is showing no signs of cancer but I am being followed every 3 months for a year so that's good.

You are in my prayers and never hesitate to get a second opinion on your health situation, no matter what it is, if you have that 'sense' something is wrong and the doc you are with isn't figuring it out to your satisfaction. We have to trust our instincts more, our body doesn't lie to us. Blessings, Bluerose.

P.S. Give the chatroom a try again, lots of good sensitive people there in the mornings or early afternoons I have found as that's the only times I go in there. I apologize for this site as I have been a member for awhile now and find great support in both the discussion boards and the chatroom, it can be a great support system so don't let that one experience turn you off completely.