If the shoe fits

fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I wanted to share that I received in the mail today a beautiful ornament. It is a minature shoe, all glitz and glamour, and a note that read, As we walk the path together, we deserve beautiful shoes. The ornament truly touched my soul (no pun intended) and lifted my heart. It is so much more than an ornament, it a tangible part of the heart of the giver. It showed care, concern, love and a true kindred spirit. The note was as beautiful as the ornament but neither one are as beautiful as the sender. We all reach out to one another and I so enjoyed hearing all of you excited about your ornaments, anticipating the arrival and describing how you felt when you received it, opened it and how they touched each of you. I didn't sign up to do the exchange because Den and I are in such a limbo state right now. And I have not embraced the holidays since my mom passed away (her diagnosis was at Christmas and by mid January she was gone). Last year was the first year I did a tree and that was for JJ and Baby Jo. I had just had my surgery that Thanksgiving and was going to be starting radiation after the New Year so I was not feeling the holiday spirit. My ornament giver sent me a private message and gave me such a lift in spirit and asked if she could send an ornament to me. At first I was going to decline but realized that she had reached out in kindness and with extreme caring and I knew that I would say yes. I need her and you to all know that this ornament is so important to me. It epitimizes the Christmas spirit. And it will go on my tree and whenever I look at it, I will realize that there is a Santa Claus, a spirit for the holidays whatever our beliefs that the world is good, full of peace, full of caring people, full of love and that is what this holiday always meant for me and I feel renewed and full of that spirit once again. I will continue to miss my mom as all of you who have lost anyone they love will miss them, but I will not let her loss diminish my joys at the holidays. So to my kindred spirit, Chenheart, thank you. Does Chen mean full because you are my dear a FullHeart. And to all the kindred spirits, I am blessed to know you all.
Stef

Comments

  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Nice!!
    Very Well put!! Chen is one of a kind and touches all our Hearts!!! I recieved a very nice card from Chen today!!! and guess what?? It came at the PERFECT time!!!

    Christmas Blessings to You Chen and to all my Sisters!!

    Calleen
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    ♥ Tears are Falling ♥

    Stef, thank you for writing all of that for us to read. You truly have touched my heart and my soul with your words. I was diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time this past January 09. My Mother passed away 2 weeks later. I never thought I would get thru fighting for my life again and losing my biggest supporter, my Mom. When I had bc the first time, 24 years ago, she and my Dad just took over. David and I were so young and so caught off guard that we didn't quite know what to do or not do. They became my strongholds thru it all and a huge support to David. I have put off actually mourning Mom until I feel that I am strong enough to handle it. And, I don't know when that might be, but, it will happen. I was really dreading the holidays without her, but, realized that I still have my beloved husband, my sister and her family, all of my friends, my coworkers and so many more people that were opening up their hearts and homes to me. So, I decided, in my Mom's honor, to decorate this big ole country house to the top and to make for sure that we have a beautiful Christmas in honor of her. Thanks Stef for what you wrote. It was beautiful and I guess it got me to open up some of my feelings and thoughts. And, my sister is even hinting that she might fly back to be with me for Christmas! And, it goes without saying that Claudia is one of a kind and has a huge ♥!

    Love, Jeanne ♥
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Hi Stef
    Reading this brought tears to my eyes,That is so nice That Chen done that for you.Chen is such a wonderful person.We are very lucky to have her on this sight.I got my ornament today.I was so excited.It is gorgous.Its a small box of glass ornament candys,Never seen one like it.I love it,and all the joy that Chen has brought to all of us.I also lost my Mom when I was only 22yrs. old.I always felt cheated that I lost her so young.That has been 32yrs. ago.We always miss them,but in time it will get easier.May God Bless you.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Jeanne D said:

    ♥ Tears are Falling ♥

    Stef, thank you for writing all of that for us to read. You truly have touched my heart and my soul with your words. I was diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time this past January 09. My Mother passed away 2 weeks later. I never thought I would get thru fighting for my life again and losing my biggest supporter, my Mom. When I had bc the first time, 24 years ago, she and my Dad just took over. David and I were so young and so caught off guard that we didn't quite know what to do or not do. They became my strongholds thru it all and a huge support to David. I have put off actually mourning Mom until I feel that I am strong enough to handle it. And, I don't know when that might be, but, it will happen. I was really dreading the holidays without her, but, realized that I still have my beloved husband, my sister and her family, all of my friends, my coworkers and so many more people that were opening up their hearts and homes to me. So, I decided, in my Mom's honor, to decorate this big ole country house to the top and to make for sure that we have a beautiful Christmas in honor of her. Thanks Stef for what you wrote. It was beautiful and I guess it got me to open up some of my feelings and thoughts. And, my sister is even hinting that she might fly back to be with me for Christmas! And, it goes without saying that Claudia is one of a kind and has a huge ♥!

    Love, Jeanne ♥

    Jeanne
    That would be so nice

    Jeanne
    That would be so nice is your sister flew back to be with you. And thank you for your kind words. Sometimes it is hard for me to open up and sometimes the stuff just spills out. Happy I have all of you to listen.
    Stef
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    ppurdin said:

    Hi Stef
    Reading this brought tears to my eyes,That is so nice That Chen done that for you.Chen is such a wonderful person.We are very lucky to have her on this sight.I got my ornament today.I was so excited.It is gorgous.Its a small box of glass ornament candys,Never seen one like it.I love it,and all the joy that Chen has brought to all of us.I also lost my Mom when I was only 22yrs. old.I always felt cheated that I lost her so young.That has been 32yrs. ago.We always miss them,but in time it will get easier.May God Bless you.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

    I was blessed that I had my
    I was blessed that I had my mom for so long, she was 82. I lost my dad when I was 15 so I understand what you are saying. Your ornament sounds lovely.
    Stef
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    I am so glad that this gave
    I am so glad that this gave you so much joy! What a beautiful thing it is that Chen has done for us all!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    What a beautiful story and
    What a beautiful story and more importantly a beautiful gesture. I knew when I was reading it that the "secret" sender was Chenheart. I have only been a member on this site since August of this year but I very quickly recognized the caring and love that is a part of Chenheart's replies. Claudia, you truly are an amazing woman and I'm glad to know you!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    You are so very welcome,
    You are so very welcome, Stef. Thank you so much for allowing me to include you in the exchange~ it took a life of its own, and I wanted to include you for myriad reasons.

    For the record, a few of you will receive more than one ornament!! It is the frantic part of my personality! As the names came in, some of you were left without Secret Elves, and so I sent some anonymously, only to find out your partners were just busy and behind in their personal mailing schedule! So, there will be some doubly blessed sisters in our family! I just didn't want anyone to be left out...that would have defeated the purpose, wouldn't it?And, after all, I had your mailing addresses, didn't I? LOL I also had such generous messages from many of you offering to send extra ornaments if the need arose. One sister in particular came to my rescue~ her recipient will a be a double blessing recipient too!

    All of the responses have been so heart-warming. When I read them outloud to Reggie, he is just incredulous and keeps asking, "Chen, what did you do?" I tell him that I am not exactly sure; people have been doing ornament exchanges forever. It is all of you who made this season of giving what it has become. As the scriptures sort of say : "Cast your bread upon the waters, after 3 days it will come back buttered!" I love you all!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

    You are so very welcome,
    You are so very welcome, Stef. Thank you so much for allowing me to include you in the exchange~ it took a life of its own, and I wanted to include you for myriad reasons.

    For the record, a few of you will receive more than one ornament!! It is the frantic part of my personality! As the names came in, some of you were left without Secret Elves, and so I sent some anonymously, only to find out your partners were just busy and behind in their personal mailing schedule! So, there will be some doubly blessed sisters in our family! I just didn't want anyone to be left out...that would have defeated the purpose, wouldn't it?And, after all, I had your mailing addresses, didn't I? LOL I also had such generous messages from many of you offering to send extra ornaments if the need arose. One sister in particular came to my rescue~ her recipient will a be a double blessing recipient too!

    All of the responses have been so heart-warming. When I read them outloud to Reggie, he is just incredulous and keeps asking, "Chen, what did you do?" I tell him that I am not exactly sure; people have been doing ornament exchanges forever. It is all of you who made this season of giving what it has become. As the scriptures sort of say : "Cast your bread upon the waters, after 3 days it will come back buttered!" I love you all!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    Chenheart
    I love your

    Chenheart

    I love your scripture quote, it is so perfect and so you. And you are a blessing. Doing all of this for all of us is more than a ordinary ornament exchange, you gave us all the opportunity to give to one another a piece of ourselves, a tangible of who we are. There are indeed angels that walk among us and you are the largest (50 ft after all) of them all.
    Stef