One more time

seof
seof Member Posts: 819 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am going to try again to post something. Lately my posts have not been staying on the board, but we will see.

Here's my issue: In March I am going to have stage 2 of reconstruction after bilateral DIEP procedure. Doc wants to do surgery to create nipples after that, but I am not sure I want to do that. Long ago I read several posts pro and con getting nipples done. I was just wanting to read some of your thoughts on the issue again, now that it is getting close to my time to make the decision.

Thanks, seof

Comments

• mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Sorry
    Sorry your posts haven't been caught - at times things go by so fast. I don't have input on reconstruction - but what I would suggest is putting more detail in your post title. If you put "advise on nipple reconstruction" people will know what you are asking about - so maybe you could recopy your message and put it in that way - you'll get more directed response.

Good luck to you!

Lori
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Hi Seof~! Just bumping this
    Hi Seof~! Just bumping this one up for you! I did not have reconstruction, so I can't speak to your situation, but with so many posts lately I am hoping this one doesn't get lost in the mix ( again!)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    chenheart said:

Hi Seof~! Just bumping this
    Hi Seof~! Just bumping this one up for you! I did not have reconstruction, so I can't speak to your situation, but with so many posts lately I am hoping this one doesn't get lost in the mix ( again!)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Sorry for your posts but about nipples
    I decided not to do nipples. I am still not 100 % back from all the treatments (surgery, reconstruction, Chemo, induced menopause, radiation). To be honest I do not understand how people even think about tattoo nipples. Why do I need a tattoo nipple? It is a very personal decision and yes, plastic surgeon always suggests nipples, reposition, and symmetry.
    Good luck,
    New Flower
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908

Sorry for your posts but about nipples
    I decided not to do nipples. I am still not 100 % back from all the treatments (surgery, reconstruction, Chemo, induced menopause, radiation). To be honest I do not understand how people even think about tattoo nipples. Why do I need a tattoo nipple? It is a very personal decision and yes, plastic surgeon always suggests nipples, reposition, and symmetry.
    Good luck,
    New Flower

I did have my nipple done
    I had a nipple done and was happy with the end result but... one thing that does happen some times is that they flatten out.I had it done a 2nd time and again, it flattened out. It's really not a big deal as I have to wear slightly padded bras as My reconstructed breast is a bit smaller than my natural breast so you can't really see that 1 nipple sticks out and the other is flat. To me, that was the major reason to have it done. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. HUGS!! Cathy