KATE58 AND IRINOTECAN - DAY ONE

Options
2»

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

Keep the weight on :)
    Hahaha Donna! I just HAD to respond to this comment since it kind of cracked me up (so I have a weird sense of humour). One of the biggest fears of doctors and patients is that they lose too much weight while on the various chemo/radiation and whatever other treatments they throw at us.

As scared as I was of starting on the journey, and knowing I had a long road ahead... with all sorts of hurdles thrown in my path, the one thing I WAS looking forward to was dropping some weight :) I have gone on every diet known to mankind and never been successful so I figured, if anything can do it, being on chemo will do the trick!! Hahahaha... wouldn't you know my luck! I'm probably the only one in the western universe that has gone through the whole gambit and didn't lose a pound! Grrrrrr! If anything, some of the meds and the problems with muscles/neuropathy, hence less movement than before... I've gained weight!!

I want my money back!!! Oh wait... that's right... I haven't paid for any of this... nebbermind :D

Kate58... oh no... don't tell me you are another Farmville addict??? :D

Gained weight too
    I gained about 9 lbs on chemo.

Great new photo Cheryl. I'd noticed it on an old post yesterday and started to mention it there but it was way out of context. :o) Welcome home.

Farmville.... NOPE. One of our sons and wife love it and keep trying to get me to try it. I DO play a PS2 game that Nick has had for about 9 years and love it. Good for neuropathy, I claim. ;o)
  • KATE58
    KATE58 Member Posts: 299
    Options

Gained weight too
    I gained about 9 lbs on chemo.

Great new photo Cheryl. I'd noticed it on an old post yesterday and started to mention it there but it was way out of context. :o) Welcome home.

Farmville.... NOPE. One of our sons and wife love it and keep trying to get me to try it. I DO play a PS2 game that Nick has had for about 9 years and love it. Good for neuropathy, I claim. ;o)

Donna,
    I'm 5'6" I'd love to

Donna,
    I'm 5'6" I'd love to be 125lbs !! that would probably put me in a size 6 !!
    yeah when I was at my sickest I weighed 112 and looked like a skeleton.I was embarassed to have anyone see me. now I weigh **^$# I am my best at about 140.

sorry Diane, I don't feel bad about your little 9 lbs. I wish!
  • pokismom
    pokismom Member Posts: 153
    Options

Keep the weight on :)
    Hahaha Donna! I just HAD to respond to this comment since it kind of cracked me up (so I have a weird sense of humour). One of the biggest fears of doctors and patients is that they lose too much weight while on the various chemo/radiation and whatever other treatments they throw at us.

As scared as I was of starting on the journey, and knowing I had a long road ahead... with all sorts of hurdles thrown in my path, the one thing I WAS looking forward to was dropping some weight :) I have gone on every diet known to mankind and never been successful so I figured, if anything can do it, being on chemo will do the trick!! Hahahaha... wouldn't you know my luck! I'm probably the only one in the western universe that has gone through the whole gambit and didn't lose a pound! Grrrrrr! If anything, some of the meds and the problems with muscles/neuropathy, hence less movement than before... I've gained weight!!

I want my money back!!! Oh wait... that's right... I haven't paid for any of this... nebbermind :D

Kate58... oh no... don't tell me you are another Farmville addict??? :D

Gained lots of weight
    Hi,
    I too gained a lot of weight from the steroids. I lost about 7 pounds the first week, I was sick as a dog. The following session they gave me the decadron, and I started gaining weight. I was always hungry, watching the food channel, thinking about what I was gonna cook when I could get out of bed! Ha ended up gaining about 30 pounds during my treatment, I saw a picture recently and I swear I thought I was my mother! Lol
    Donna