Life is good, ladies

mlmjt1
mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finished chemo on Oct 9 and am getting herceptin now every 3 wks until Aug 2010. I still have to have reconstruction next year sometime...anyway...

I really have missed my jogging and decided to start up again about 1 wk after chemo. I was a 4 to 6 mile runner about 4 to 5 days per week and have been running for 19 years but needless to say I could barely do a block 1 wk after chemo. Well I live in Wisconsin and of course its cold and dark here at about 5pm. I have been going out at night with my 1 year old golden retriever puppy. It was just a perfect moment...the cold air in my face, the even pace as we jogged and the beautiful Christmas lights that decorated the houses...and I realized that happiness is found in the simplest of things...colored xmas lights, cold wisconsin air, companionship of mans best friend...

Life is good and I am so happy to be here to share this with you

Hugs
LInda t

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Linda
    Thank you for sharing.

Linda
    Thank you for sharing. There is indeed much joy in relishing the simple joys. Glad you are resuming your jogging and found happiness in what your found.
    Stef
  • Whoknowz
    Whoknowz Member Posts: 82
    What a beautiful image you provided
    It's so important to share the joys as well as the bumps in the road. Thanks for sharing this.

Lincoln said we're about as happy as we make up our minds to be. That quote has at times irritated me, but I realized at some point that if I could look at more than whatever scared me/made me unhappy that there's always beauty, joy, and love around me. And life is good.

Angela
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Linda, Thank you for
    Linda, Thank you for reminding me that I will get my body back when this nonsense is over. I, like you, love to workout. I was swimming 4000m daily and lifting weights too. I am almost finished with my 12 week chemo course and decided to try to do a "light" weight routine yesterday. I couldn't. I lasted about 15 minutes and then had to sit down for fear of passing out. IT WAS A LIGHT WORKOUT! I was so disheartened by that...and then I read your post. Yes, we can get back into the routine once treatments are over. Yes, we can rebuild our stamina and strength. Yes, we can regain that sense of accomplishment from an invigorating exercise. And yes, LIFE IS GOOD! I will continue to focus on each day and getting through chemo. Thanks for the reminder not to expect the impossible right now. it will come in time. When all of my treatments are through (chemo and radiation) we are having a "Life is Good" party with my friends. Sometimes attitude is a choice, and I choose to focus on the positive and move forward...albeit at a slower pace than I was use to...Thanks again! You're a champ! Pitt
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Awesome!
    Linda, what a lovely picture you paint with your words. You are right, life is good and the simplest of things are proof of it. Glad you are again getting back into the routine you enjoy!

Hugs to you and your furry friend,

RE
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    pitt said:

Linda, Thank you for
    Linda, Thank you for reminding me that I will get my body back when this nonsense is over. I, like you, love to workout. I was swimming 4000m daily and lifting weights too. I am almost finished with my 12 week chemo course and decided to try to do a "light" weight routine yesterday. I couldn't. I lasted about 15 minutes and then had to sit down for fear of passing out. IT WAS A LIGHT WORKOUT! I was so disheartened by that...and then I read your post. Yes, we can get back into the routine once treatments are over. Yes, we can rebuild our stamina and strength. Yes, we can regain that sense of accomplishment from an invigorating exercise. And yes, LIFE IS GOOD! I will continue to focus on each day and getting through chemo. Thanks for the reminder not to expect the impossible right now. it will come in time. When all of my treatments are through (chemo and radiation) we are having a "Life is Good" party with my friends. Sometimes attitude is a choice, and I choose to focus on the positive and move forward...albeit at a slower pace than I was use to...Thanks again! You're a champ! Pitt

so happy your body is coming
    so happy your body is coming back , it was a beautiful visual.