OOOps... wanted to ask about painful bowel movements

Options
idlehunters
idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just made another post and forgot to ask about this. I have not been eating much over the past few weeks. Nothing sounds or looks or tastes good. I have lost 65 pounds now. BUT.. that is ok because I am really a fat person and can afford it... off subject... On turkey day I stuffed myself..not the bird... I mean I ate like WOW!... and have done the same with leftovers and pie ever since. Here's the problem... ever since then... it hurts REAL bad to have a bowel movement. No, stool is far from hard. It just feels like it wants to rip me open to come out... oh my god... that sounds so gross.. I am so sorry... but that is how it is. Anybody else have this going on or ever had it??? what the heck???

Jennie

Comments

• Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Ouch
    Jennie,
    If I were you I would start myself on Benefiber..It is tasteless and you can mix it with anything...I stared using it because I was having the same problem...It started working within 2 days then I backed myself down to 2tsp 2 times a day because I was going to much and that seems to work REALLY well for me..Good luck...JULIE
    P.S. My doc says try not to strain cause he seems to think between straining and my colon resection its what gave me a hernia which I had to have removed...
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Options
    Hi Jennie
    John has had some problems too. To hard or to soft. His doc mentioned sennacot s. It has a softener in it and it has helped him out. Paula
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Jennie
    When eating a drumstick, do NOT eat the bones. :-)

I get these ...contraction-like spasm from the CPT11 that feel sort of like dry heaves butt from the other end.
    That's all I've got as far as a answer.
    Feel better
    -phil
  • idlehunters
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Jennie
    When eating a drumstick, do NOT eat the bones. :-)

I get these ...contraction-like spasm from the CPT11 that feel sort of like dry heaves butt from the other end.
    That's all I've got as far as a answer.
    Feel better
    -phil

Phil
    You always keep me laughing.... even when I have turkey bones coming out my rear... LOL. For real though.... I am not having a problem with hard stool...so I don't need a stool softener.. it's just slimy pieces. The problem is that it feels like the stool gets to the anal openeing and won't come out...like something is blocking it. I then start to throb and hurt until finally I just have to force it out.... with hand over mouth to keep from screaming.... but once the bowels are empty.. it is ok. It makes me want to just quit eating again so I don't have to poop!

Jennie
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options

Phil
    You always keep me laughing.... even when I have turkey bones coming out my rear... LOL. For real though.... I am not having a problem with hard stool...so I don't need a stool softener.. it's just slimy pieces. The problem is that it feels like the stool gets to the anal openeing and won't come out...like something is blocking it. I then start to throb and hurt until finally I just have to force it out.... with hand over mouth to keep from screaming.... but once the bowels are empty.. it is ok. It makes me want to just quit eating again so I don't have to poop!

Jennie

Poop
    Are they even a little soft? I get some that are not like rocks but not falling out of me either. Maybe a softener might help in the end?
    Maybe it's afraid of the water?

I'm sorry Jennie, I know it's not funny but I'm not all there at times. When I have my chemo and the bowel problems that follow I seriously consider everything that goes in must come out so I watch what I eat.

I hope you get some relief.
    -phil
    (thanks for being the good sport you are and being the butt of the humor here)
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Pain
    When I was doing chemo,and radiation I had very painful bowel movments.It felt like it was draging fish hooks out with it.I talked to the chemo dr. about it ,and he gave me some medicine,lidocain ,to put on and it would numb the skin.That helped alot,maybe the dr. can give you somthing.I hope that helps.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    spasms
    Jennie,

That sounds sort of like what I was going through the last time I was in the hospital. I was having rectal spasms and a LOT of pain. I ended up staying in the hospital for about 4 days on morphine.

If the pain keeps up, call your doctor!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • idlehunters
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

spasms
    Jennie,

That sounds sort of like what I was going through the last time I was in the hospital. I was having rectal spasms and a LOT of pain. I ended up staying in the hospital for about 4 days on morphine.

If the pain keeps up, call your doctor!

*hugs*
    Gail

Thanks
    Thanks to you all for your input. I will consult my Doc Tuesday when I go for scan results. PHIL...... I truly LOVE your sense of humor!!!! I share everything you say with my husband and we laugh our "butts" off..... you turn a ugly situation into a smile... God love you Phil!

Jennie
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Thanks
    Thanks to you all for your input. I will consult my Doc Tuesday when I go for scan results. PHIL...... I truly LOVE your sense of humor!!!! I share everything you say with my husband and we laugh our "butts" off..... you turn a ugly situation into a smile... God love you Phil!

Jennie

hey
    maybe we need to laugh our butts off more often then we wont have these problems....Godbless....johnnybegood
  • Beekay1280
    Beekay1280 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Me too Jennie
    Hi, I am new to this site and saw your post about bowel movements being painful. I finished my chemo and radation mid June this year. My doctor told me that because of the radation down there it strank the tissue around the anus area which may be the cause of the pain. He prescribed me an ointment and it has been helping. Maybe see if your doctor can prescribe it for you. It is called C-Diltiazem 2% Gel. Hope this helps. Brenda