Has anyone waxed their head after buzzing it?

Options
mizcaldwell
mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I shaved my head the other day - and got wondering, with it so short, will the little stubs fall out - or just stay in place? I'm a patchwork - some is smooth, some little stubble patches. I thought waxing it would make it all smooth and let it all start at the same place. . . any thoughts pro or con?

Lori

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    You ( if you are anything
    You ( if you are anything like most of us, including me) will lose all of it~ on your head,
    nosehairs, eyelashes, eyebrows, legs, underarms, pubic hair...and I didn't wax any of me! LOL So, I don't know that I would bother!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

You ( if you are anything like most of us, including me) will lose all of it~ on your head,
    nosehairs, eyelashes, eyebrows, legs, underarms, pubic hair...and I didn't wax any of me! LOL So, I don't know that I would bother!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I agree with Chen....
    I paused today while plucking my brows....there was a time not so long ago when I had NONE!!!!

I sure saved a bundle on razors, tho....rofl!

Hugs, Kathi
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    KathiM said:

I agree with Chen....
    I paused today while plucking my brows....there was a time not so long ago when I had NONE!!!!

I sure saved a bundle on razors, tho....rofl!

Hugs, Kathi

Lori
    Lori,
    When I shaved my head and those little hairs would poke me I used a lint brush that had tape on it and it worked.

Margo
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hair loss
    The lint roller works great.I used it several times to get the stubles out.I shaved mine again a few weeks later.Well I used hair clippers.Someone recomended using baby shampoe to soften the stubles a little.Good luck.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • mizcaldwell
    Options
    Thanks!
    I tried the lint brush - they're still more attached than the lint brush will pull out. I guess I'll either just shave it again - or wait 'til they fall out. I can't wait until I don't have to shave my legs and underarms!! There has to be a plus in this somewhere!

Lori
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wax my head!
    I wouldn't wax my head! There is a slight potential for damage to the follicle anytime waxing is done and I want to be sure to not do anything that will harm the regrowth potential.

Susan
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

I wouldn't wax my head!
    I wouldn't wax my head! There is a slight potential for damage to the follicle anytime waxing is done and I want to be sure to not do anything that will harm the regrowth potential.

Susan

the stubble doesnt bother me
    the stubble doesnt bother me is it bad to have it?
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    No Need to Wax
    Trust me, there will be no need to wax it........it will ALL fall out, as Chen said.....EVERYWHERE! Plus once it does start to come out, your scalp will be more than likely very, very tender....mine was actually painful.......I'd leave well enough alone......and remember........it will ALL grow back....I'm 3 months out from chemo and I have a good 3/4 of an inch.....and loving it.....my eyelashes have come back, hair hair everywhere now, where three months ago there was NOTHING!

Hang in there!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Hair loss
    The lint roller works great.I used it several times to get the stubles out.I shaved mine again a few weeks later.Well I used hair clippers.Someone recomended using baby shampoe to soften the stubles a little.Good luck.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

A lint brush works well for
    A lint brush works well for many. Maybe you could try that?
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

From what I understand, you
    From what I understand, you will probably lose your hair "everywhere". So, like Chen said, don't bother worrying about it. The good thing, it will all come back!

Sue :)
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

No Need to Wax
    Trust me, there will be no need to wax it........it will ALL fall out, as Chen said.....EVERYWHERE! Plus once it does start to come out, your scalp will be more than likely very, very tender....mine was actually painful.......I'd leave well enough alone......and remember........it will ALL grow back....I'm 3 months out from chemo and I have a good 3/4 of an inch.....and loving it.....my eyelashes have come back, hair hair everywhere now, where three months ago there was NOTHING!

Hang in there!

my stubble did not fall out
    my stubble did not fall out and not all "down there" I just left it. MAJW thanks for the encouraging news.
  • mizcaldwell
    Options
    MAJW said:

No Need to Wax

Hang in there!

Thanks Again
    I guess I'll just leave it - I sure don't want to hurt the chances of it growing back right!

I'll be patient!

Lori