Options
2»

Comments

• MelanieT
    MelanieT Member Posts: 186
    Options
    PhillieG said:

FOLFOX
    My case was different, I did 6 months FOLFOX before I did any surgery and I didn't have many fatigue issues. I was actually kayaking every day. I went 81 consecutive days leading up to my operation. After the operation, the kayaking slowed way down...

I'm sure Buzzard has been wondering "where's that pothead Phil?" Well, here I am.
    If it is legal in your state, and even if it isn't, marijuana is the best anti-nausea medication I have found in my 5 1/2 years of doing chemo. It works for the nausea and for increasing the appetite. There, I said it.
    It can be eaten with the same, but slower, result as smoking it. I did the emend thing and it was so-so but I could not see paying the $25 for 4 pills I had to pay. BTW, it's about $180 per pill w/o insurance. Certainly part of the problem of the "high" cost of health care.

If he's found something that works, great! If not, this is something to consider. It's not like being back in one's youth getting high for kicks, this is serious medicine that works wonders for so many of the negative side effects caused by chemo.

-phil

Our good friend just passed
    Our good friend just passed way from melanoma and he swore by that as well... we have talked about it and if if helps him and makes it easier on him then im all for it... Thanks for being honest.. I was wondering if anyone else was on board with that

Mel