So much for thinking I was going to keep my eybrows/lashes

pinkkari09
pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Funny story...So yesterday morning I woke up and what was left of my eyelashes were in my eyes, and I have maybe 10 eyebrow hairs left (done with A/C and on #5 of 12 taxol). So I'm about crying laying in bed and my husband says "it's ok honey, your a tree that has lost it's leaves, you'll grow new ones in the spring" I had to laugh, so the standing joke now is that I'm a tree. He says I'll be budding and sprouting some new ones soon :) LOL We live in South Dakota where all of our trees are bare, and so am I :) O' Lordy LOL
~Kari~

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    SOOOO I guess I'm not done...
    I'm just behind you, done with A/C and just finished #3 of Taxol... and I discovered peach fuzz on my head! A few eyelashes and eyebrows are hanging in, but I guess I better now get my hopes up. It's nice to have others to go through this with, even if they are in South Dakota! I'm in Florida btw. God bless.
    Lorraine
  • marywest
    marywest Member Posts: 132
    Mama G said:

SOOOO I guess I'm not done...
    I'm just behind you, done with A/C and just finished #3 of Taxol... and I discovered peach fuzz on my head! A few eyelashes and eyebrows are hanging in, but I guess I better now get my hopes up. It's nice to have others to go through this with, even if they are in South Dakota! I'm in Florida btw. God bless.
    Lorraine

never alone
    all I can say is its real exciting when your hair starts to grow back. Mine is about an inch or so long now and I love the new color. I was not fortunate enough to have it come back curly but I love the color, its darker and no gray. I think for a woman that has to be one of the hardest things to lose is our hair, but its very temporary. Your alive and looking beautiful. Mama G, I love your looks!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Kair, Love your sense of
    Kair, Love your sense of humor. I am on chemo too and have noticed some of my lashes and brows leaving my face and finding their way onto my pillow. You husband sounds like a romantic poet. Love his mother nature analogy and that he brought a smile on your face. He is right you know, they'll grow back.

Fondly,
    BL
  • pinkkari09
    Lorraine
    I have some peach fuzz on my head too....not sure if it's gray or blonde, we'll just call it blonde for now :) I have 7 more of 12 taxols left....hang in there sister!!
    God Bless
    ~Kari
  • Mama G

Lorraine
    I have some peach fuzz on my head too....not sure if it's gray or blonde, we'll just call it blonde for now :) I have 7 more of 12 taxols left....hang in there sister!!
    God Bless
    ~Kari

If you don't mind, km,
    I'll be watching your posts since you're about 2 weeks ahead of me! AND rejoicing for you when you're done. What do you have after that? Rads? Have you posted your story on here before?
  • pinkkari09
    Lorraine
    I have 7 more taxol treatments, then I'll have a bilateral mastectomy, both ovaries and all lymph nodes removed the first part of February. I'm having chemo first to shrink the tumors, my cancer is triple negative stage IIIC. After surgery I'll have 6-7 weeks of rads, 30-35 treatments, everyday MON-FRI. How about you? What do you have coming up? I'm kind of new to this site but I try to post often and check often, it really keeps me going.
    ((Hugs))
    Kari
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    My brows left after the
    My brows left after the second dose of Taxol (had 3rd dose yesterday). There was a 5 week period between the 8 weeks of A/C and the start of Taxol while I had surgery and had started getting a very little fuzz but it's gone now too.

I'm in SD too. Black Hills area.

Susan
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    EYELASHES
    They will come back, I promise.......I am 3 months out from chemo.....you just wake up one day and there those little suckers are again......stubby but there. The average life span of an eyelash is only 45 days to begin with so when they start growing back, it's fairly quick..... I lost all of them on my left eye but not the right.....now figure that one out.....weird! I had very thick eyebrows, they thinned big time but never lost them completely.. I just lined the daylights out of my eyes and it wasn't as noticable....My hair is coming back, about 3/4 of an inch..........it's like CHRISTMAS, to see what it's going to look like....It is SILVER and black.......had very, very little "silver" before and I actually like it....I think I am going to leave it!

So hang in there......."They will be back!" in my best Arnold Swartzenegger voice!
  • Mama G

Lorraine
    I have 7 more taxol treatments, then I'll have a bilateral mastectomy, both ovaries and all lymph nodes removed the first part of February. I'm having chemo first to shrink the tumors, my cancer is triple negative stage IIIC. After surgery I'll have 6-7 weeks of rads, 30-35 treatments, everyday MON-FRI. How about you? What do you have coming up? I'm kind of new to this site but I try to post often and check often, it really keeps me going.
    ((Hugs))
    Kari

Thanks for the replies
    Kari, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? You look so beautiful in that picture! and YOUNG! I'm 59 with 4 "kids" and NOT a grandma yet! someday....
    My cancer is ALMOST triple negative, %5 positive.... I had the surgery first, only one boob gone. I was surprised at the lack of pain, so that was a good thing. Hope you have that luck. The drains were annoying and kept me home, but it's funny how you tend to forget that stuff once it's done.
    I've heard about others who took only 4 "mega" doses of Taxol and it had really bad side effects, so I'm relieved that we can do this without the pains and discomforts. That A/C threw me for a loop.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    MAJW said:

EYELASHES
    They will come back, I promise.......I am 3 months out from chemo.....you just wake up one day and there those little suckers are again......stubby but there. The average life span of an eyelash is only 45 days to begin with so when they start growing back, it's fairly quick..... I lost all of them on my left eye but not the right.....now figure that one out.....weird! I had very thick eyebrows, they thinned big time but never lost them completely.. I just lined the daylights out of my eyes and it wasn't as noticable....My hair is coming back, about 3/4 of an inch..........it's like CHRISTMAS, to see what it's going to look like....It is SILVER and black.......had very, very little "silver" before and I actually like it....I think I am going to leave it!

So hang in there......."They will be back!" in my best Arnold Swartzenegger voice!

I had 4 rounds of AC and 12
    I had 4 rounds of AC and 12 of Taxol, I am finished now. I lost lashes and brows about 4 weeks ago. It was like here today gone tomorrow. Not a pretty look at all.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Your hubby is so funny and wise!
    Hi Kari! I love what your husband said to you! What a guy! They will be back! You just hang in there!

Sue :)
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    Ritzy said:

Your hubby is so funny and wise!
    Hi Kari! I love what your husband said to you! What a guy! They will be back! You just hang in there!

Sue :)

I was looking in the mirror
    I was looking in the mirror last night,my eyebrows and eyelashes are getting thin, and what eyebrows I do have left look funny, some are still dark brown others are almost striped looking (if that makes any sense) same hair goes from brown to white to brown LOL. I finished 4 rounds of AC, will start Taxol on Dec 9th.
    Deb
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Deb1969 said:

I was looking in the mirror
    I was looking in the mirror last night,my eyebrows and eyelashes are getting thin, and what eyebrows I do have left look funny, some are still dark brown others are almost striped looking (if that makes any sense) same hair goes from brown to white to brown LOL. I finished 4 rounds of AC, will start Taxol on Dec 9th.
    Deb

I had 4 of AC and will #5 of
    I had 4 of AC and will #5 of taxol on thurs, eyelashes starting to come out eyebrows still in, I have very light lashes and brows wonder if it will make a difference to me? I dont know if this is true but one onc told me in studies on dogs the ones with the faster growing hair lost it more quickly and slower growning less quickly. I have slower growing hair and seem to be on track with everyone else, it just means it will grow back more slowly, yAY!!!! I just want to feel better how long after chemo is finished do you begin to feel better?
  • miracle14
    miracle14 Member Posts: 2
    The lashes are the hardest to lose!
    I cried more when my lashes and brows fell out than I did with the hair. Let's face it, you can replace the hair with gorgeous wigs. I bought 30 of them! But the lashes, gheez that was hard. But, it's okay. Take advantage of some of the chemo make up clinics. Chemo chic used to be one of them done by ACS. Keep smiling...you're gorgeous!
  • CCJProf22
    CCJProf22 Member Posts: 1 *

My eyebrows and eye lashes fell out. My eyebrows grew back really thick! My eye lashes are back and I need to make an appointment to get my eyebrows done.