Hey Sundance

Options
serrana
serrana Member Posts: 163 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Dear Craig
As I recall you had a met to your lung and had a thoracotomy or RFA or something recently
I've lost track of your recent story and wonder how you are doing.
What treatment if any will you be on now?
I am in the same position as you are and would like to compare notes
Prayers for complete NED........
Serrana

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Missed This and Just Saw It
    Hi Serrana

Sorry, I missed this earlier. Was going through the list and saw my name and the light bulb went on.

I actually had 2 tumors that were in the pleura of the lung. I did the Da Vinci robot surgery and had them removed. I was actually the FIRST person in Texas to have this type of surgery for the lung - so history was made. I've done an interview with the hospital media mgr and there is going to be some coverage from this surgery, but I don't have timetables yet.

I meet with my surgeon and oncologist in a couple of weeks and we'll discuss the future plans. Right now, I'm still recovering from the surgery and there is still pain, as Texas does not believe in dispensing medicines to help you after surgery - so I've had to gut it out and just take the pain. Can't wait for it to go away or even ease up.

I'll post more soon on the whole experience - just have not been well enough to sit up and type one of my posts, but hopefully in a couple of weeks or less.

We can compare notes, when the onc meets with me and tells me which way we're going.

Glad I caught this and just wanted to get back with you...thanks for thinking about me :)

-Craig
  • serrana
    serrana Member Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

Missed This and Just Saw It
    Hi Serrana

Sorry, I missed this earlier. Was going through the list and saw my name and the light bulb went on.

I actually had 2 tumors that were in the pleura of the lung. I did the Da Vinci robot surgery and had them removed. I was actually the FIRST person in Texas to have this type of surgery for the lung - so history was made. I've done an interview with the hospital media mgr and there is going to be some coverage from this surgery, but I don't have timetables yet.

I meet with my surgeon and oncologist in a couple of weeks and we'll discuss the future plans. Right now, I'm still recovering from the surgery and there is still pain, as Texas does not believe in dispensing medicines to help you after surgery - so I've had to gut it out and just take the pain. Can't wait for it to go away or even ease up.

I'll post more soon on the whole experience - just have not been well enough to sit up and type one of my posts, but hopefully in a couple of weeks or less.

We can compare notes, when the onc meets with me and tells me which way we're going.

Glad I caught this and just wanted to get back with you...thanks for thinking about me :)

-Craig

hey sundance.......
    Dear Craig
    Glad to read your post; sorry you have had a lot of pain in the recovery process.I didn't think that procedure resulted in long painful recoveries.

I had a thoracotomy in August and it was definately more difficult to recover from the the previous one. I don't take pain meds, just NSAIDS, because they cause constipation.I still feel crummy alot of the time

I've had alot of chemo, Xeloda, Folfox, Folfiri/Avastin, and my onc is letting me wait until the January scans before deciding on more chemo. My scans in Oct were clear.PTL

I notice from your description of yourself that you are a Christian I really value your overall and spiritual approach to this journey and your long posts.

If it weren't for my faith in the Lord I am sure I wouldn't have survived for 3 years. He has a plan for me; I don't know what it is but that's ok.

We have a healing prayer group at my church that is really awesome
    I am finding that praying and supporting others is really an occupation that those of us who are not newbies can contribute to others. I was looking for a website for Christian cancer survivors but haven't found much.

I'll look forward to hearing what your docs decide for you for the next step, I'll add you to the prayer list, and appreciate your support and information

Blessings
    Serrana