good news so far on CA125

misspokey
misspokey Member Posts: 25
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I know can't get too excited, only first CA125 after starting on the carbo/gem (had cycle 2 on the 23rd) but the number came from 459 down to 283 so is an encouraging start. Better than what the Doxil did for me. I did great with first round, now this one my hemo is down and my whites but he said was still ok for treatment. I got a boost with araenesp for the hemo. I have noticed with this one my neck and shoulders were sore like last winter with taxol/cist, for a day. Now today am more tired, want my nap sooner but also has been very crummy wet weather so that doesn't help. Ham trying to be opimistic but realistic too and just hoping that this one will take it down again and maybe keep it down for longer, but who knows for sure. Just thought I'd check in and update all. Everyone keep on the good work and hanging in there.

Comments

• BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Exciting Results
    Hi Miss Pokey, I think you should be excited that is a huge drop already. :-) I am really excited for you and pray the carbo just keeps on working working working ~ works all the cancer cells right on out. Glad you are not doing too bad on it either, that is wonderful news; for me carbo it hard to tolerate for several days. Well be watching for more wonderful updates. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Good for you!
    That is great news on the drop in your CA-125. I respond to carbo pretty much the same way. For me, the physical confirms the CA-125 drop and the one tumor I have on the colon can no longer be felt by a physical exam. I pray it is the same for you. I look at any shrinkage as a win for me for the moment, don't you? We just have to keep on keeping on and having faith for today that all is well. Saundra
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    saundra said:

Good for you!
    That is great news on the drop in your CA-125. I respond to carbo pretty much the same way. For me, the physical confirms the CA-125 drop and the one tumor I have on the colon can no longer be felt by a physical exam. I pray it is the same for you. I look at any shrinkage as a win for me for the moment, don't you? We just have to keep on keeping on and having faith for today that all is well. Saundra

Ca !25
    Hi, just want you to know that its great news to hear those numbers come down, may they continue to go down and down.Keep us posted. Sending you positive thoughts your way.
    Hugs and Prayers, Terry