Pitt How Are You?

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thinking about you and hoping your daughter is recovered from H1N1, that your energy is up, and that the family is regrouping after the loss of your mom. Please post when you can. We all miss you.

Comments

• pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    I'm okay
    I'm doing okay. Thank you. The funeral was a beautiful service. My brother and I both gave eulogies. At first I was nervous standing in front of a room full of strangers with my scarf, but I wanted to speak about my mom so it was fine. We're all back home now and I feel that the weekend was important for all of us to say goodbye to the life, not the relationship.

My energy is really low right now. The travel zapped me but the family took care of me so well too. Now I'm just trying to focus the kids and everyone on having a nice Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for, even in the midst of so much sorrow.

I'm gearing up for another treatment next week so i'm trying really hard to enjoy this week while I have it in front of me.

How are all of you doing?

Pitt
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    pitt said:

I'm okay
    I'm doing okay. Thank you. The funeral was a beautiful service. My brother and I both gave eulogies. At first I was nervous standing in front of a room full of strangers with my scarf, but I wanted to speak about my mom so it was fine. We're all back home now and I feel that the weekend was important for all of us to say goodbye to the life, not the relationship.

My energy is really low right now. The travel zapped me but the family took care of me so well too. Now I'm just trying to focus the kids and everyone on having a nice Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for, even in the midst of so much sorrow.

I'm gearing up for another treatment next week so i'm trying really hard to enjoy this week while I have it in front of me.

Pitt

so happy to see your post.
    so happy to see your post. Take care of that energy level. Wishing your family a good holiday. Will u be cooking the dinner?

Pitt you have such an eloquent way of stating things. I love the comment saying "goodby to a life but not the relationship". That is a beautiful thought. I'm going to repeat it to my DIL who is facing the loss of her grandmother.

Have a sunny day!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Pitt
    It's good having you back. It must have been a rough time for you, physically and emotionally. Hope you're feeling better real soon.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    pitt said:

I'm okay

Pitt

Glad to hear from you
    I've been thinking of you and praying that you and your family are well. It sounds like you have such beautiful memories of your mother to keep with you for the rest of your life. How wonderful that you could come together to celebrate her life.

Please rest up after your trip and let yourself be taken care of this Thanksgiving.

Cindy