Newbie, just saying hello

Lynda53
Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This place is great! I have IBC, diagnosed Sept. So thos ethat do not know, I had very minor breast swelling Thursday night, and 2x the size on Friday morning.
I was having chemo before mastectomy and radiation, but my 2nd and 3rd infusions found that I am allergic to taxorter Precautions were taken, but it had to be stopped. Sp once they figure what my heart ventricle is or is not doing, my mastectomy will be a few months sooner.
I will have a cardiac catheterization in a week, and if all is well, the schedule is on.
So that's me. I have been watching,reading,learning,crying and laughing on this site since diagnosis. You are a magnificent group and so deeply needed. My warmest thoughts and prayers for all!
Peace

Comments

  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Welcome, Lynda. Sorry to
    Welcome, Lynda. Sorry to hear of your allergic reaction. Hope that everything goes well with the cardiac cath. Best wishes on your treatment. Hugs & prayers sent your way...
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Welcome.
    Glad you decided to talk on the boards with us.I am always sorry to hear anyone has BC.I have had my surgery,Chemo and now radiation.They stopped my Chemo two.I also was allergic to Taxorter.I broke out in massive hives all over.I still am having some itching and it has bee over a month.It was my second chemo that I had my reaction.I wish you the best.you will find out how helpful these boaeds are.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    ppurdin said:

    Welcome.
    Glad you decided to talk on the boards with us.I am always sorry to hear anyone has BC.I have had my surgery,Chemo and now radiation.They stopped my Chemo two.I also was allergic to Taxorter.I broke out in massive hives all over.I still am having some itching and it has bee over a month.It was my second chemo that I had my reaction.I wish you the best.you will find out how helpful these boaeds are.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

    Thanks for the welcome, The taxotere stopped my breathing
    and breathing seems to be a rather important issue!
    FTR 5 minutes into it,inblip seconds severe stomach and joint cramps and then my throat closed. I was purple. Thankfully all was on hand to stop the tax and help me out in seconds.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Lynda53 said:

    Thanks for the welcome, The taxotere stopped my breathing
    and breathing seems to be a rather important issue!
    FTR 5 minutes into it,inblip seconds severe stomach and joint cramps and then my throat closed. I was purple. Thankfully all was on hand to stop the tax and help me out in seconds.

    Hi Lynda
    So sorry that you have to be here and that you're suffering thru some rough times. I'm waiting to schedule my surgery too. I also have breathing problems (asthma) and have had the cardiac cath, plus numerous stress tests. I have an irregular EKG that scares all my drs so before I have any surgery I have to be checked out. I have an appt. with my cardiologist in a couple of weeks. Hope everything goes better for you soon and keep us posted. You have come to the right place. We're here for you.
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Sunrae said:

    Hi Lynda
    So sorry that you have to be here and that you're suffering thru some rough times. I'm waiting to schedule my surgery too. I also have breathing problems (asthma) and have had the cardiac cath, plus numerous stress tests. I have an irregular EKG that scares all my drs so before I have any surgery I have to be checked out. I have an appt. with my cardiologist in a couple of weeks. Hope everything goes better for you soon and keep us posted. You have come to the right place. We're here for you.

    so what was the card cath
    so what was the card cath like?
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Hello
    Welcome to the site. Wish you all the luck and support. Sorry to hear about reactions to the meds. Good luck w cardiac cath. I have leaky mitral valve. Didn't have that before the chemo started. cardiac unfriendly,this stuff is.
    I'll be thinking of you.
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Katz77 said:

    Hello
    Welcome to the site. Wish you all the luck and support. Sorry to hear about reactions to the meds. Good luck w cardiac cath. I have leaky mitral valve. Didn't have that before the chemo started. cardiac unfriendly,this stuff is.
    I'll be thinking of you.

    Welcome
    Welcome Lynda...glad u found us!
    Sam
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Sam726 said:

    Welcome
    Welcome Lynda...glad u found us!
    Sam

    Welcome Lynda, sorry to hear
    Welcome Lynda, sorry to hear your having such a problem. I hope it all works out for you.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    lynda
    glad u found us. hugs to you hang in there. i had i c b.
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    HI Lynda
    Just wanted to say hi and glad you found us. We are a great group. I really mean that. There is really alot of knowledge and caring and wisdom on this board and we all really help each other out so hopefully you will post often and keep us updated on how you are doing.

    I am so sorry you had a reaction to the taxotere and that you need to have a cardiac cath too. It just seems like things keep coming and coming sometimes, but I truly believe that you are stronger than you think you are and that you will get thru it all.

    Hang in there and remember all your cyber friends are with you each step of the way.

    Hugs
    Linda T
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Just wanted to welcome you,
    Just wanted to welcome you, Lynda.
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    MyTurnNow said:

    Just wanted to welcome you,
    Just wanted to welcome you, Lynda.

    welcome
    you have come to a

    welcome
    you have come to a great place to talk, laugh and vent .......hugs xoxox
  • jennN
    jennN Member Posts: 40
    Hi
    It's nice to meet you. I'm glad the group has been helpful. I too read a number of posts before I joined and found this to be a group that was much different than most. I found a good book is, "Dr. Susan Loves Breast." It is very helpful in describing the mastectomy process as well as chemo/radiation, reading/understanding test results, and emotional factors. You might check it out if you haven't already.

    Jenn
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    jennN said:

    Hi
    It's nice to meet you. I'm glad the group has been helpful. I too read a number of posts before I joined and found this to be a group that was much different than most. I found a good book is, "Dr. Susan Loves Breast." It is very helpful in describing the mastectomy process as well as chemo/radiation, reading/understanding test results, and emotional factors. You might check it out if you haven't already.

    Jenn

    Hi, i just wanted to
    Hi, i just wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed in July 2008 with Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Like you, i went to bed one night and woke the next morning with my breast swollen twice its size. Luckily, i went to a doctor who immediately diagnosed it.
    I had 12 treatments of taxol, a masectomy, and 25 radiation treatments. I also received Herceptin. Right now, i am feeling well. I am in remission now. I still go every 4 weeks for a treatment called zometa. so sorry to hear you had a reaction. But you will get through this and you will be stronger. I wish you luck on your journey, and there is hope.

    p.s. where do you live
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    meena1 said:

    Hi, i just wanted to
    Hi, i just wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed in July 2008 with Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Like you, i went to bed one night and woke the next morning with my breast swollen twice its size. Luckily, i went to a doctor who immediately diagnosed it.
    I had 12 treatments of taxol, a masectomy, and 25 radiation treatments. I also received Herceptin. Right now, i am feeling well. I am in remission now. I still go every 4 weeks for a treatment called zometa. so sorry to hear you had a reaction. But you will get through this and you will be stronger. I wish you luck on your journey, and there is hope.

    p.s. where do you live

    Hi and welcome to the place
    Hi and welcome to the place that noone wants to be at. But, it is a great support group and you will find lots of encouragement, advice, positive thoughts and a few laughs thrown in. Wishing you good luck!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    My prayers are with you.
    My prayers are with you. Lynda. Welcome. xoxoxox Lynn
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    ppurdin said:

    Welcome.
    Glad you decided to talk on the boards with us.I am always sorry to hear anyone has BC.I have had my surgery,Chemo and now radiation.They stopped my Chemo two.I also was allergic to Taxorter.I broke out in massive hives all over.I still am having some itching and it has bee over a month.It was my second chemo that I had my reaction.I wish you the best.you will find out how helpful these boaeds are.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

    Welcome Lynda! I wish you
    Welcome Lynda! I wish you the best!