I miss my oncologist!

elizarose
elizarose Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know this is probably odd, but I miss my oncologist! He always makes me feel better and I won't see him again till at least January.
Anyway, just need to get that off my chest :-)

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    You haven't had enough
    You haven't had enough "taken off your chest?" LOL I suppose we will be your stand in oncologists until January~meet your new medical team! hahahaha!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124
    chenheart said:

You haven't had enough
    You haven't had enough "taken off your chest?" LOL I suppose we will be your stand in oncologists until January~meet your new medical team! hahahaha!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

haha! Guess I have had
    haha! Guess I have had enough taken off my chest!! Thanks for standing in!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    elizarose said:

haha! Guess I have had
    haha! Guess I have had enough taken off my chest!! Thanks for standing in!!

Off my chest, very funny. I
    Off my chest, very funny. I think that we miss our team because we feel cared for and safe when we are seeing them regularly. It's like when you go on that 1st overnight. You really wanted to go, but when you get there it's like I want to be home with mommy and daddy. We want to be done with all this, but gosh, it was so safe and reassuring. I think we all have those moments. So yes, now we will be your support and safe haven.
    Stef
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    I feel the same way, even
    I feel the same way, even though my onc is a straight shooter and he doesn't always give me the words I want to hear. I know that he's on my side, however, and has THE PLAN. I think doctors are sometimes the only people that we can truly show ourselves to . . . they know it all. I miss the gyn who did my oopherectomy. He's using words like "In fifty years" to me, a Stage IV.

Peace.
    Linda
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Elizarose, Your feelings
    Elizarose, Your feelings seem very normal to me. Finding out you have cancer is extremely terrifying. You feel like everything is out of your control and something is trying to kill you.

Then your doctors swoop in and take care of you. They make you feel like there is hope of being resued. They are smart, and caring. You feel cared for. But then suddenly, you don't see them as often and there is a sense of being slowly weaned.

At the beginning I was a wreck, but always felt calmer after seeing my doctors. I felt as long as they were watching over me, nothing bad could happen. I actually look forward to apts. because they are a comfort. Just this summer my medical oncologist visits were reduced from 3 mos to 6 mos. This made me pretty anxious. But I am adjusting. I still see my other 2 docs on my team. But its not the same as during treatment.

I think its a normal human reaction Eliza. We have eachother though to pick up the slack and comfort one another. Hang in there. Hugs, Eil
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    My treatment center always has a Christmas party....
    and, every year, I STILL go....this year, of course, is REALLY special...5 years...I'm doling out Godiva chocolate!!!!

These people, all of them, are still very special to me...they made my life bearable during a time that everything was crazy....

Also, as my oncologist said last time, when I told her I felt guilty for taking an appointment from someone who really needed it, "You know, Kathi, we love to see our successes!!!"

Hugs, Kathi