Irinotecan

Options
2»

Comments

• suenj8
    suenj8 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    CPT 11
    CPT turned out to be a wonder drug for me. Diagnosed 2 years ago with stage IV colon cancer. First chemo was folfox. Had horrible chemo fog from the oxaliplatin and after 10 weeks ct scan was mixed. Oncologist switched to folfiri. After 4 treatments I was suddenly a candidate for surgery! :-) Surgery at Fox Chase in Phildelphia- now have ostomy. While surgeon was working plan was to microwave the spots on my liver. She ultrasounded my liver and could not find any of the tumors that had previously been seen. Histology report indicated adenocarcinoma and high grade (poorly differentiated) neuroendocrine carcinoma.

3rd chemo after surgery to clean up was to go after the neuroendocrine carcinoma which it turns out was the part that had spread and is very aggressive. Chemo was CPT 11 and Cisplatin and I completed chemo 1 year ago. Follow up PET and CT scans since November 2008 indicate I am clear.

There is hope even for stage IV! Happy Thanksgiving to all and enjoy everyday!
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Options
    Iirionotecan
    Hi Kate, I am on Irionotecan and avastin. I have been taking these two drugs since January o9. My lst scan in March showed the tumors in my lungs shrinking. Scans since then are showing the tumors staying the same, no shrinking! This past week my onc agreed to change it up a bit to see if I can shake things up. I was taking both drugs every 2 weeks. Now I am doubling the irionotecan and taking it every three weeks and the avastin every 2 weeks. I was dx in March of 08 with stage 4 colon cancer. The side affects I have had from this drug combo are minimal. Sweats, runny nose, a little nausea and that's it. Hopefully that won't change because of this increase. I am still battling nueropathy from oxy, but, I can do that!! Hope this helps! I am encouraged! Jean