I'm wired for sound!!!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
As I write, I have been hooked up to my holter monitor...and, for the next 24 hours, my cardiologist will know all of my activities...lol...he always teases Hans and I about "You know, a minimum of once a week means good heart health!!!" Hummmmmm, how would THAT entry look in my little 'diary'???? Do you think he would blush?????

I had my echo cardiogram today, and that was interesting to watch. Sadly, my breast cancer was on my left side, so there were some moments when they pushed that it twinged a bit...but, I did get to see my heart valve and hear it beating, just like my kids before they were born!!!

I have one more test before the results will be in...a stress test, but not till after our cruise...so, that's it for now...I sure hope that my heart is good...I almost asked if they could show me the part that loves all of you sisters in pink!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Kathi,
    Regardless of the

Kathi,

Regardless of the results, your heart is Very Good. I'm new but I see by your profile that you've posted 1,490 times . . . on behalf of all of us, thank you.

Have fun on your cruise and we'll all be praying for the best!

Peace.
    Linda
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Your remark about "once a
    Your remark about "once a week" reminds me of what my brilliant dad once said were the 3 phases of a long-term sexual relationship:

Tri-weekly, Try weekly, and Try Weakly!

Glad to see you are still in phase two! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    happy
    I'm glad that you are getting things checked out--I know that you were a little concerned. Now, hopefully, you can know that all is well.

Maureen
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Electrocardiogram was my
    Electrocardiogram was my favorite test! Because of your posts, and because I've had A/C and T, I'm going to request seconds. I am praying for good results for you, Kathi. (When's your cruise?) xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Kathi,
    Good thoughts are

Kathi,
    Good thoughts are aimed your way (Holland, America, Cruise Ships I put them on call forwarding) for good results. Enjoy your cruise and hopefully all will be well with all these tests. But if there is anyone who will fight anything they might find it will be you. You are a courageous warrior, not only for yourself but for Hans and for all of us. I know you have a good heart, they just need to confirm it.
    Stef
  • KathiM
    LC815 said:

Kathi,
    Regardless of the

Kathi,

Regardless of the results, your heart is Very Good. I'm new but I see by your profile that you've posted 1,490 times . . . on behalf of all of us, thank you.

Have fun on your cruise and we'll all be praying for the best!

Peace.
    Linda

Aw, Linda...thank you!
    I'm one of the 'old crusties'!!! Got the 2-fer...colorectal and breast cancer, 5 years ago, day after Thanksgiving...so, it's easy to rack up the posts....lol!

Thank you for the prayers!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    chenheart said:

Your remark about "once a
    Your remark about "once a week" reminds me of what my brilliant dad once said were the 3 phases of a long-term sexual relationship:

Tri-weekly, Try weekly, and Try Weakly!

Glad to see you are still in phase two! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I LOVE it!!!!
    Chen, I can always count on you for a giggle!!!

When the tech asked me why 'we' were doing this yesterday, I replied "To rule out heart damage, so that I can go on to the Psychiatrist!".

I am writing your dad's saying down....WHAT a HOOT!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM

happy
    I'm glad that you are getting things checked out--I know that you were a little concerned. Now, hopefully, you can know that all is well.

Maureen

Thank you, my friend!
    Yes, Maureen, it's always something with me....actually, I may have helped it a bit...started taking more iron and calcium....seems to be better already...

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    lynn1950 said:

Electrocardiogram was my
    Electrocardiogram was my favorite test! Because of your posts, and because I've had A/C and T, I'm going to request seconds. I am praying for good results for you, Kathi. (When's your cruise?) xoxoxoxo Lynn

You GO, girl!!!
    I'm glad that you can learn from my mistakes...lol...I was never concerned...

On our cruise, we leave from Long Beach on Sunday, Nov 29. We stop in Mazatlan, Puerta Vallarta, and Cabo.

I'm getting rather excited...7 days of sun, then, at the end of December, I will take my sun-drenched body to Holland, to the land of the ice, snow, and dark (it's dark there by about 4 every day in winter...lol...GREAT for catching up on sleep!!!)

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    fauxma said:

Kathi,
    Good thoughts are

Kathi,
    Good thoughts are aimed your way (Holland, America, Cruise Ships I put them on call forwarding) for good results. Enjoy your cruise and hopefully all will be well with all these tests. But if there is anyone who will fight anything they might find it will be you. You are a courageous warrior, not only for yourself but for Hans and for all of us. I know you have a good heart, they just need to confirm it.
    Stef

Thank you, dear Stef!
    You made me smile BIG!

I hope it's ok....just wish I'd known to ask for it back during chemo...oh, well....

Thank you for the good thoughts!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    sounds like fun
    Hope that monitor only shows certain activities....you might get a funny look next time you go in to see the doc!
    Hope you have a great cruise, it sure will keep the stress down, but not usually the weight..
    Take care and let us know when yhou get your results
    =^..^=
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Good luck with your tests
    Good luck with your tests and have a good time on the cruise. Just relax and I'm sure the test will show the results. Hugs.