metabolizing tamoxifen

Options
Janezee
Janezee Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My daughter in law had bil mastectomy oct 7...no chemo...no radiation...but her body will not metaoblize tamoxefin....ne suggestions?

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I understand.
    I am not sure I understand. Is she having adverse effects?
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Oncologist?
    There are so many options . . . what has her oncologist suggested instead of Tamoxifen?
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Intermediate metabolizer
    Hi. I had the blood test done and found out I am an intermediate metabolizer of tamoxefin. I think there may be other medications they can try. I was told by my oncologist that removal of my ovaries was the only next step for me if tamoxefin didn't work (but that's just me).

I would have your daughter-in-law talk to her oncologist about different options and treatments.

Good luck to her.
  • tigger99
    tigger99 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Ask the oncologist. Here's
    Ask the oncologist. Here's my experience: I can not take Tamoxifen so my oncologist gives me Lupron injections to shut down my ovaries and I take Arimidex. So far I'm not having my ovaries removed simply because we're trying to minimize surgeries.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    tigger99 said:

Ask the oncologist. Here's
    Ask the oncologist. Here's my experience: I can not take Tamoxifen so my oncologist gives me Lupron injections to shut down my ovaries and I take Arimidex. So far I'm not having my ovaries removed simply because we're trying to minimize surgeries.

What does her oncologist
    What does her oncologist say? There are other options.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

What does her oncologist
    What does her oncologist say? There are other options.

If she can't take tamox,
    If she can't take tamox, there are other hormone therapy treatments they can use, if she needs them. Good luck to her.

Leeza