Options
2»

Comments

• blazytracy
    blazytracy Member Posts: 157
    Options
    carkris said:

I dont think the diet pepsi
    I dont think the diet pepsi flushes out your system as well you can see. water flavored with jusice gatorade which comes inlow calorie etc...

Thanks carkris
    Maybe I better just stick to water these first few days...I will check that gatorade out tho..what is it called - "jusice"?? Is it carbonated?
  • Lymph23
    Lymph23 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Thanks Lymph23
    How great it is that you are finished with treatment!!! Congrats! When did you finish? That is great that you didn't get sick! I am hoping for the same. I do like ginger ale, thanks for that suggestion.

Best of Luck to you in the future and thanks for sticking on this site to help give good advice to us newbies!

Tracy

When I finished
    Hi Tracy
    I suppose I'm an old hand at this I finished the chemo and rad 6 years ago. I hope this gives you encouagement and lets you know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Be positive and you will get through this. Sending you best wishes.

Lesley
  • blazytracy
    Options
    Lymph23 said:

When I finished
    Hi Tracy
    I suppose I'm an old hand at this I finished the chemo and rad 6 years ago. I hope this gives you encouagement and lets you know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Be positive and you will get through this. Sending you best wishes.

Lesley

thanks again lesley!
    That certainly does give me encouragement! If you can do it, so can I! Thanks for the good vibes! I figure I may be done the middle of April? if everything stays on track.

Tracy
  • Lymph23
    Lymph23 Member Posts: 23
    Options

thanks again lesley!
    That certainly does give me encouragement! If you can do it, so can I! Thanks for the good vibes! I figure I may be done the middle of April? if everything stays on track.

Tracy

Here's to April
    Pleased to be of some encouragement, thats the best way to be stay positive. Only thing I would say don't stick rigid to the date you think you will finish I ran about 2 weeks later than I expected due to my blood counts. Hopefully though you will finish on time or as near damn possible. And as you said if I can do it so can you , you go girl. Best wishes if we don't speak before let me know how next chemo goes. Thinking of you.

Lesley
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    On the Taxol - I had my
    On the Taxol - I had my first dose last Thurs and will have one every week for 12 weeks.
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options

Thanks Marlene!
    I know what you mean about gaining weight! Geez! I also have gained 15 lbs since diagnosis...I look in the mirror and see an incision on my masectomy that is not quite healed yet, a swollen right upper arm, a bruise and incision on my neck, a very bruised port along with another incision, oh and LOTS of FAT! hahahahahaha! I am disgusting! hahahaha..you have to have humor right? Wait till the hair comes out - that will be even more disgusting..haha

I keep saying that I am going to go back to the gym and that certainly hasn't happened yet...maybe when I can start wearing a prosthesis, I will feel more comfortable about changing?

It is 4:50am the next day and still feel fine, (a bit of nausea at 10:30 last night but not bad) am planning on working today. Thanks for writing Marlene!!! Keep in touch.
    Tracy

Sense of humor....
    Yes, thank GOD for a sense of humor. I HAVE lost the hair added to everything you mentioned. I was scared that when I looked in the mirror I would cry, but instead 9 times out of 10, I laugh! My dad told my mom when I was born I looked like a monkey, so I think about that a lot, and also that I thought I looked like my mom, but now I look like my dad, HAHA!!
  • Kim59
    Kim59 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Rague said:

On the Taxol - I had my
    On the Taxol - I had my first dose last Thurs and will have one every week for 12 weeks.

cytoxan & taxotere
    this will be my cocktail every 3 weeks for 6 doses when I start chemo next month. Anyone on that combination? I was curious because my oncologist said I would notice my hair falling out but would not lose all my hair...is he right???? I want to prepare before I start. Maybe a new haircut :}

Sounds like everyone has different side effects. Thanks for all the good advice.

Kim
  • Bev1969
    Bev1969 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Kim59 said:

cytoxan & taxotere
    this will be my cocktail every 3 weeks for 6 doses when I start chemo next month. Anyone on that combination? I was curious because my oncologist said I would notice my hair falling out but would not lose all my hair...is he right???? I want to prepare before I start. Maybe a new haircut :}

Sounds like everyone has different side effects. Thanks for all the good advice.

Kim

I was on cytoxan and
    I was on cytoxan and taxotere and had my last one on Oct 5. My hair started falling out about 10 days after the first treatment. I had a few strands left. My head looked like the top of a bald man's head when he tries to comb the few strands of hair he has over to make it look like he has hair. My husband went ahead and shaved what I had left off. So, I guess your oncologist is correct that you might not lose all of your hair, but I didn't have enough left to do any good!! My hair is just starting to come back in. My head is just kind of fuzzy right now. It's strange though, it seems like I've lost more eyebrows and eyelashes the last couple weeks. All in all, the chemo wasn't really too bad. I didn't really mind too much losing my hair. I figured it was temporary and would grow back. Of course, everyone is different so maybe you will be the one not to lose it.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    The First One is the Worst
    Hi, Blazytracy, that first treatment was the scariest for me because I didn't know what to expect. Congratulations on this first, and biggest step. Your future treatment sessions should be less stressful. Also, I was told that your first reaction to treatment is a good indicator of how you will do on future sessions. So you did great--and should continue with the remaining sessions. You passed that first and biggest test!

Best of luck to you the rest of the way.
  • blazytracy
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

The First One is the Worst
    Hi, Blazytracy, that first treatment was the scariest for me because I didn't know what to expect. Congratulations on this first, and biggest step. Your future treatment sessions should be less stressful. Also, I was told that your first reaction to treatment is a good indicator of how you will do on future sessions. So you did great--and should continue with the remaining sessions. You passed that first and biggest test!

Best of luck to you the rest of the way.

Hi Moopy!
    Thanks for writing. I hope that I do as good on my future sessions - I have 3 left for AC and 4 of Taxol. I heard that the effects may be cumulative so I am a bit worried that way but I have learned already not to stress out BEFORE you have any problems...it helps!!

Best of luck to you also Moopy!

Tracy
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Options

Hi Moopy!
    Thanks for writing. I hope that I do as good on my future sessions - I have 3 left for AC and 4 of Taxol. I heard that the effects may be cumulative so I am a bit worried that way but I have learned already not to stress out BEFORE you have any problems...it helps!!

Best of luck to you also Moopy!

Tracy

Soda
    Just a note - I was told that soda does not count toward fluid intake. . .it makes you retain water rather than flush. It also depletes your bones (the phosphorous that makes the bubbles). So you'd need to drink something else - juice, broth, herbal teas, etc. - to make up the "lots of water" everyone tells you about!

Good luck!

Lori
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    tracy
    you have the came cocktail I did. It is doable, as you have already found out, and now that the first one is behind you, it isn't so much a mystery anymore either. Glad you did well, don't forget to take the nausea meds, if you wait until you feel it, they don't work as well.
    I went through my chemo really well, no days off (except chemo days) and no bad reactions. I will hope this is the same for you. My sweet hubby swears I did so well because he made me drink one Danactive every day throughout. It is supposed to have all kinds of stuff to keep you healthy and rebuild your immune system.
    Glad the port worked out for you
    Take care
    =^..^=
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Good news is great! You may
    Good news is great! You may not get sick. I hope you breeze through treatment.
  • Marlene_K
    Options
    cats_toy said:

tracy
    you have the came cocktail I did. It is doable, as you have already found out, and now that the first one is behind you, it isn't so much a mystery anymore either. Glad you did well, don't forget to take the nausea meds, if you wait until you feel it, they don't work as well.
    I went through my chemo really well, no days off (except chemo days) and no bad reactions. I will hope this is the same for you. My sweet hubby swears I did so well because he made me drink one Danactive every day throughout. It is supposed to have all kinds of stuff to keep you healthy and rebuild your immune system.
    Glad the port worked out for you
    Take care
    =^..^=

What is...
    Danactive??
  • blazytracy
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

What is...
    Danactive??

Yogurt.
    I think it is a yogurt that is supposed to strengthen your body's defenses...
  • blazytracy
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Good news is great! You may
    Good news is great! You may not get sick. I hope you breeze through treatment.

thanks Marcia!
    I still feel good, although the 3rd day my vision was a bit blurry...but better at the end of the day I think..we'll see what tomorrow brings...hugs, Tracy
  • Marlene_K
    Options

thanks Marcia!
    I still feel good, although the 3rd day my vision was a bit blurry...but better at the end of the day I think..we'll see what tomorrow brings...hugs, Tracy

Vision changes...
    I have definitely experienced that! Natly had a post a little while ago about this and I believe she said she found out that it returns to normal after chemo. Thank God for that. I wear reading glasses and I've gone from a 1.5 to a 2 in just two treatments! UGGHH!! As if everything else involved with this isn't expensive enough!