ashes

Options
pattynonews
pattynonews Member Posts: 176
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
Well I had to pick up Jack ashes it seems to be finalzed that Jack is really gone, and but I still wait for him to come home and I was a little upset with a comment that Jacks brother said to his sister, he said I know we promised Jack that we would help Patty but we have to think about the family, Most all you were married a long and had a time with your love one well I was with Jack a month and I was told your man is going to die, but I stayed I loved him that much, his brother did not lift a finger to help with Jack at all, I was there ,every appointment, every step I lost everything when I made th decision to stay with Jack Now Im freaking out trying to get a job and Im just alone and i am having such a hard time that jack is still with me and he is helping me, becasue I lost everything else

A lost soul Patty

Comments

• mrsgeb
    mrsgeb Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Dear Patti,
    First, Jack

Dear Patti,

First, Jack loved you and no one can ever take that away from you. Second, Jack knows who was there with him every step of the way and who took care of him. As for Jack's brother, I have found that when people feel guilty they act stupid, no other word for it. I wouldn't let what his family says or does get to you. You and Jack know the truth, that you loved each other.

I hope sweatheart that you will take a little time for yourself. Get your hair done, a pedicure or treat yourself in some other way. Hold you head up and be the proud, strong woman that Jack loves and never mind what other people say or do.

(((hugs)))
    Sherry
  • pattynonews
    pattynonews Member Posts: 176
    Options
    mrsgeb said:

Dear Patti,
    First, Jack

Dear Patti,

First, Jack loved you and no one can ever take that away from you. Second, Jack knows who was there with him every step of the way and who took care of him. As for Jack's brother, I have found that when people feel guilty they act stupid, no other word for it. I wouldn't let what his family says or does get to you. You and Jack know the truth, that you loved each other.

I hope sweatheart that you will take a little time for yourself. Get your hair done, a pedicure or treat yourself in some other way. Hold you head up and be the proud, strong woman that Jack loves and never mind what other people say or do.

(((hugs)))
    Sherry

I keep waiting for a sign, I
    I keep waiting for a sign, I read and hear about the spirit, why dont i feel jack,
  • pipwe1
    pipwe1 Member Posts: 53
    Options

I keep waiting for a sign, I read and hear about the spirit, why dont i feel jack,

it will come
    It will come Patty.......
  • mr steve
    mr steve Member Posts: 285
    Options

Waiting
    Patty,

Jack is in your heart. In the same spot that he has been all along.

(((HUGS)))

Steve
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    So Sorry
    I'm sorry Jack's relatives are contributing to your grief. If I am reading your posts correctly, you are not particulary close with them. Can I ask you a question? You said you gave up your apartment, job, etc to be with Jack. Where are you living now? Is it in Jack's home, his father's home, etc. While I understand you promised Jack you would take care of his father, taking care of him does not necessarily mean living with him. Give yourself a break and a little time and then seek some sound legal advice regarding Jack's Dad. Do this on your own, do not involve anyone else until you have things figured out. If you and Jack were together a very long time then I could see you taking on the responsibility of his Dad. Another question is, who is financially responsible for Jack's Dad. Is this you? This should be the responsibility of the remaining siblings but I'm guessing they would not be much help physically or financially. This is the reason you need some sound legal advise. This financial and physical responsibilty should not be yours unless you are financially independent and able to do so. Again, I don't know the financials of all of this but it is something you need to consider. My best to you. I read all of your posts.