what to expect??, surgery Nov. 30th, bi-lat. w/reconstruction (spacers)

Options
2»

Comments

• mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    HI Nancy
    Just wanted to welcome you to the site and to say that I am glad you found us. Everyone here is great and is a wonderful support. Any questions you have you should feel free to ask...someone is sure to know the answers.

I actually have little to add to what the others have said. I had bilateral mastectomies in May and am at peace with my decision. My reconstruction wont start until after the first of the year, but I made it thru chemo and I am happy about that.

Post often and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs
    Linda T
  • kckhud
    kckhud Member Posts: 9
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw (cut and paste this)
    Hi Nancy......sounds like you have a lot of tips and things to set up all covered from the posts....I had bi-lateral mast. with reconstruction expanders - 1st surgery in April and the implant transfer in October.....it was a long summer with the "fill ups" but I made it through with the love and support of friends and family which it sounds like you have too! In the meantime I posted a link of this you tube video which made me want to get up and dance.....so dance with your girls and family this Thanksgiving and I've found the video makes me smile even when I am down.....give it a try to help you as you get ready for the surgery. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw ( cut and paste into your browser).

One of the hardest parts for me has been not being able to exercise --- I am a teacher and coach.....I am on the countdown to get out on the tennis court in 4 weeks -- my plastic surgeon is hard set on a 12 week rule after surgery to make sure the expanders and then the implants get set into place and do not have any problems....it was bad when I started to try negotiating on his timeline - ha ha.....he won most of it but I wore him down and got 1 week off my "sentence" so to speak. Each surgeon is different with their rules so just be sure to ask what you can and cannot do. Will be thinking and praying for you......Eileen
  • kimber10
    kimber10 Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi Nancy,
    I had bilat in

Hi Nancy,
    I had bilat in July it is so overwhelming all the decisions and how quickly they have to be made but all in all as scary as it is I found that in the end it was not as bad as I had led myself to think it would be,so your in my thoughts and prayers hang in there and be strong.
    Kim