Options
2»

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    LC815 said:

Lynn, thanks for reaching
    Lynn, thanks for reaching out. I feel a tiny bit connected to something positive when I see that little number next to my post. You make a good point about being aggressive about my emotional health. I'm just not sure how to go about that. I guess being here is a start.

The emotional health arsenal
    The emotional health arsenal is pretty varied and what works depends upon the individual. I sampled just about everything, including being here on the board and receiving prayers, advice, and support from my bc sisters.

My cancer center (1 1/2 hours away) has a social services arm that includes counseling, art therapy, massage, visualization classes, yoga, and aromatherapy. When I could, I took advantage of those services. Then I found those services in my community and they have really helped me. The ACS offers a support program, but where I live is very rural and so those services are pretty much out of reach.

People in my community and where I work really rallied and I welcomed all that support and prayer. It was transformational and humbling to feel how closely knit we all are!

xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    LC815 said:

What a crappy club we're in, huh?
    Hi Deb,
    I was diagnosed about a month after you. My boyfriend said to me today, "Geez, I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving, where did October and November go?" Oh, I know exactly where they went . . . in that whirlwind you mentioned!!
    Prayers back to you. :)
    Linda

Hi Linda
    This is a crappy club to have to belong to...but there we are, surprisingly enough surrounded by the most amazing survivors in the world, just keep coming to our dear sisters in pink here and you will find so much support and comfort.

I am so very sorry for your reoccurance. I really can imagine your despair at this news. But hang in there, you will again come out a survivor on the other side!
    hugs, jackie
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hi Linda
    This is a crappy club to have to belong to...but there we are, surprisingly enough surrounded by the most amazing survivors in the world, just keep coming to our dear sisters in pink here and you will find so much support and comfort.

I am so very sorry for your reoccurance. I really can imagine your despair at this news. But hang in there, you will again come out a survivor on the other side!
    hugs, jackie

Thanks for the hugs and kind
    Thanks for the hugs and kind words, Jackie. I feel better being here. I think for the last two days this computer has been a lifeline!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I have ER+ cancer. Was in
    I have ER+ cancer. Was in remission for 22 years but had bone mets this year (ribs). My doc follows the markers CA 27.29 & CEA. I have been on arimidex since April this year (did tamoxifen originally). Markers just started coming down a few weeks ago (so it has taken 6 months). I hope that you will do the same. Praying for you and I have all of my fingers and toes crossed.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Crappy Club
    LOL I like that one. It truly is a crappy club isn't it, but the members are wonderful. I too am a 6 yr survivor and I can only imagine how you must feel. I am scared to death every time I have a mamo or something is not just right. My iron levels are low and I am on an infusion of iron for 12 treatments. I may have to have a colonoscopy to check thing out. This worries me.

Life may not be the party we wished for but while we are here we might as well dance!

Hugs
    Jadie<3
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Options

I have ER+ cancer. Was in
    I have ER+ cancer. Was in remission for 22 years but had bone mets this year (ribs). My doc follows the markers CA 27.29 & CEA. I have been on arimidex since April this year (did tamoxifen originally). Markers just started coming down a few weeks ago (so it has taken 6 months). I hope that you will do the same. Praying for you and I have all of my fingers and toes crossed.

Thanks for your prayers and
    Thanks for your prayers and your "crossings!" I don't know if the onc is going to let it go on for very long if the markers don't come down at all this month. I have heard that the chemo I might take is not as bad as the AC from the first time, so that's a tiny positive. Did you have your ovaries out?

Peace.
    Linda