What can you drink?

Options
2»

Comments

• christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Green Tea
    I drank a lot of Juicey Juice too, but I also got IV fluids on the day they would disconnect the pump. Boy did I miss cold beer.
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Janet3 said:

Warm Drinks
    After my mom's first round of modified Folfox 6 (which includes Oxaliplatin) she couldn't touch or drink anything cold. She said as soon as she sipped the cold liquid her tongue instantly felt mushy and it hurt. So I came on the board and was told warm drinks but nothing warm tasted good to her. Then Lisa42 (if I recall correctly) suggested Ensure warmed up with cinnamon. This was a great suggestion because my mom really needed the protein and vitamins that Ensure has but she didn't like it. She loves cinnamon. So I thought if I warmed the vanilla Ensure and 'doctored' it up with some cinnamon and whipped cream, it might work. Well, it worked wonders. She loved it. Even now, she's on round 8 this week, she still has days where she's not hungry and nothing tastes good. On those days the warm Ensure with cinnamon saves the day. Well, at the very least, it makes me feel better that she's getting some nutrition. It makes her feel better because she can tolerate it and it tastes good.
    Janet

ha, it is also me with the
    ha, it is also me with the warmed up ensure and cinnamon- can't speak for Lisa, but definitely it saved my chemo-butt! Never thought to do the vanilla with a bit of whipped cream though!