ROLL CALL: Friday the 13th weekend plans?!

Options
2»

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Udate
    Well, I am sitting up in bed, drinking green tea and planning my day. I noticed yesterday that my hair has grown into an afro. Since I've never had curly hair, I didn't realize that it grew upwards instead of down! So, I scheduled a haircut at my salon for 10:30 this morning. Too late to bus it, don't feel like driving, so I guess I'll call a cab in a bit. Simon is always a pain in the a** about driving me places. Then I'll grab breakfast in old town and head over to the gym for my personal training session. Then it's back home, in the tub, and then start to get ready for the party tonight. Maybe I'll finally get on chat as I fix myself a nice White Russian. Oh year, I need to pick up a good vodka and Kahlua.

Hope everyone is doing great and making the most of the day!

Mimi
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Oysters
    Well I got my hair cut and styled and had my workout. I'mmow having aBloody Mary, oysters, and a Caesar salad with these fantastic white anchovies. A great Saturday so far!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Everyone is in love!
    And I love it. Keep it up, ladies.

Mimi

Love is Grand!
    So nice Stef and Jeanne that you guys have the "loves of your life"! I feel like I do too and it is wonderful! He is my best friend, lover, partner and my husband, all in one!

Debby
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Just got a 'last minute cruise' deal from Princess...
    21 days, leaves November 30 from Rome, ends up in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida....a balcony will run you $1599...

So, I'll be dreaming this weekend, oh, and going to Long Beach for Sunday antique market.

This coming Wednesday I have my holter monitor and my echo scheduled. And, I had my ultrasound of my carotid arteries today...of course, the tech couldn't tell me anything...sigh...

Hugs, and have a GREAT weekend, all!!!
    Kathi

Leaving now for dinner out
    Leaving now for dinner out with friends! And, I am hungry! Hubby is anxiously pushing me to get off the computer. So, got to go!

Have a great weekend all.

Thanks Mimi for doing this.

Leeza
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Oysters
    Well I got my hair cut and styled and had my workout. I'mmow having aBloody Mary, oysters, and a Caesar salad with these fantastic white anchovies. A great Saturday so far!

thought of you my daughter
    thought of you my daughter went to maroon 5 concert, hearing you talk about dc makes me feel closer to her. mimi did you like your cut?
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    Joined the thread late
    Been running around "like a chicken with my head cutoff" (I've actually seen this and it is how I must be looking today.)
    Right after I was diagnosed, I fell back to making jewelry - my destresser. Well, this weekend (tomorrow from 1-6) there is a downtown craft fair. I'm set to go. Got 80 pairs of earrings and several matching earring pendant sets ready to go. Finished making the display today.
    My daughter told me I had to stop buying stones, findings, etc. a couple weeks ago. I did get carried away. I'm excited about it. I use semi-precious stones and connect them to the body's Chakras - each stone is associated with one.
    That is my tomorrow. I hope the trades come in a bit so it's not too hot.

Wish me luck. I hope to sell plenty. Lola
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    mimivac said:

Everyone is in love!
    And I love it. Keep it up, ladies.

Mimi

Yes Mimi ♥

We are! I am sure that Simon and you will feel the same way and still be desperately in love with each other too after 36 years.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Moopster is finished with her six weeks of training for her new role. As you would expect, she did spectacularly. Her new supervisor led her down to her new work area, where her new teammates had put up a huge signed banner saying "WELCOME TO THE TEAM, LISA!" But my poor little kitten was so exhausted that all she wanted for a celebratory dinner Friday evening was a soup-and-sandwich combo at her favorite bread shop ("F*ck*n' Panera," as I fondly call it).

She did perk up quite a bit yesterday, though. We spent two hours at the doggie park with our beasts in the morning, and went to a nice Italian restaurant for a late lunch. In the evening I watched with delight as she went to town with her 30% discount coupon at JC Penney. She celebrated her successful expedition with hot chocolate at Starbuck's. **** that I am, I had a tall coffee with espresso and stayed up until 2:00 am. All in all, a wonderful day.

I woke up to the delightful sound of Moopy chirping away on the phone with her stepmother in Tennessee. She is definitely on a roll. But literally each and every time I start to get a bit annoyed about her plans for shopping expeditions, or what we should buy for the house, or would I mind going to F*ck*n' Panera... I instantly remember that this is exactly what I have been praying for over the last 12 months. And believe you me, I thank God from the bottom of my heart.

Joe
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Aortus said:

Moopster is finished with her six weeks of training for her new role. As you would expect, she did spectacularly. Her new supervisor led her down to her new work area, where her new teammates had put up a huge signed banner saying "WELCOME TO THE TEAM, LISA!" But my poor little kitten was so exhausted that all she wanted for a celebratory dinner Friday evening was a soup-and-sandwich combo at her favorite bread shop ("F*ck*n' Panera," as I fondly call it).

She did perk up quite a bit yesterday, though. We spent two hours at the doggie park with our beasts in the morning, and went to a nice Italian restaurant for a late lunch. In the evening I watched with delight as she went to town with her 30% discount coupon at JC Penney. She celebrated her successful expedition with hot chocolate at Starbuck's. **** that I am, I had a tall coffee with espresso and stayed up until 2:00 am. All in all, a wonderful day.

I woke up to the delightful sound of Moopy chirping away on the phone with her stepmother in Tennessee. She is definitely on a roll. But literally each and every time I start to get a bit annoyed about her plans for shopping expeditions, or what we should buy for the house, or would I mind going to F*ck*n' Panera... I instantly remember that this is exactly what I have been praying for over the last 12 months. And believe you me, I thank God from the bottom of my heart.

Joe

You know that "new normal"
    You know that "new normal" we often talk about, Joe? I am smiling thinking that it seems you and your darling Moopy actually got your OLD normal back...with enough humility in the mix to nudge you in the rib-cage, albeit ever so gently , when you need a subtle reminder of what your lives were like last year at this time. But there is even a blessing in needing a reminder, isn't there? That things actually do fade in the recesses of our minds, and we get to move forward is incredible, isn't it? Ahhhhhhhh!

hugs,
    C♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Joe

your post made me cry. yes
    your post made me cry. yes my husband feels the same way about panera but i feel it is good nutritious food. and yes like you he will do it anyway. I have some shopping plans in the future as well, congrats on her job you can feel the pride.!!!!1 My husband posted on his FB last week how happy he was to hear me laughing with my dughter not like him to express that. you wonderful guys are the rocks we rely on gems.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Joe

Joe
    All the kidding we do at

Joe
    All the kidding we do at your expense aside, you are one hell-of-a guy. Isn't it great that you get the twinges of annoyance at the "Normal" things. It means you both have come so far. And that you remind yourself that this was your dream at the start of this journey, how wonderful. May you both be blessed with more and more "normal" annoyances. Let the dream go on.
    By the way, I have never been to F*ck*n' Panera but I might have to try it. I think we have one in Vacaville but they dropped the F*ck*n' from the name. Don't know why.
    And Congrats again to Moopy on her new role. What a gal! What a guy! What a couple! Love ya both.
    Stef
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Joe

How very sweet Joe,
    I do remember well the Hell of last year, and we do have so very much to be thankful for this year, looking back it hardly seems real but we made it! And I am so proud of your beloved wife and my dear friend I don't know what I would have done without you two lovebirds!

Mimi, I would love to see a pic of your new hairstyle...I thought I might let mine grow and get it done right before christmas. I hope all of my pink sisters had a wonderful weekend.

and Joe, do you really think Effy should be smoking???

Hugs, jackie
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Just got a 'last minute cruise' deal from Princess...
    21 days, leaves November 30 from Rome, ends up in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida....a balcony will run you $1599...

So, I'll be dreaming this weekend, oh, and going to Long Beach for Sunday antique market.

This coming Wednesday I have my holter monitor and my echo scheduled. And, I had my ultrasound of my carotid arteries today...of course, the tech couldn't tell me anything...sigh...

Hugs, and have a GREAT weekend, all!!!
    Kathi

Kathi Cruise
    A cruise from Rome to Ft Lauderdale...how romantic and wonderful that sounds. Something you can dream about while you get those tests out of the way, Kathi. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday and hoping for the best news asap on all the tests.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

You know that "new normal"
    You know that "new normal" we often talk about, Joe? I am smiling thinking that it seems you and your darling Moopy actually got your OLD normal back...with enough humility in the mix to nudge you in the rib-cage, albeit ever so gently , when you need a subtle reminder of what your lives were like last year at this time. But there is even a blessing in needing a reminder, isn't there? That things actually do fade in the recesses of our minds, and we get to move forward is incredible, isn't it? Ahhhhhhhh!

hugs,
    C♥

Back to the (new) Normal
    Stef, I about fell off the couch laughing after I read your comment about Panera. As Carkris wrote, it IS nutritious food. Seriously!

Unfortunately, Bloody Marys and oysters are not served, so I have to live vicariously through Mimi's posts for those pleasures, as well as the excitement of living in a unique, exciting city. I do enjoy reading about your weekends in the city, Mimi. Also, like Jackie, I would love to see your new 'do.

Thank you, Chen, for remembering it was this time last year when Joe's and my life did change---and for your wise words. Our quiet happiness is greater because it is shared with you and our dear friends here.

Wishing you all a pleasant, peaceful evening and a good week, in all ways.