Options
2»

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

too funny Moops
    no wonder and here I thought you were ignoring me....(kidding), I did think about changing Frankenboobie to PicassoBoobie, the surgeon liked that one.
    Feeling well enough to be up and doing things as opposed to "sit,stay", so I would say I am doing very well. Drain in one boob, and a compression garment for the "dog ears", and can't wait for both to be gone. I really appreciate everyone's good wishes
    =^..^=

Flirting with the Surgeon, hmmm?
    I bet your surgeon did like the comparison to Picasso. And you deserve boobs of art. Actually, if you had wanted to be, uh, enhanced, you could have asked for a Rubensboobie.

Glad you are feeling more Cat-like and getting about some. I'm looking forward to seeing that last stained glass window! In the meantime, keep taking care of yourself.

Your FB clueless friend,
    Moops
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Flirting with the Surgeon, hmmm?
    I bet your surgeon did like the comparison to Picasso. And you deserve boobs of art. Actually, if you had wanted to be, uh, enhanced, you could have asked for a Rubensboobie.

Glad you are feeling more Cat-like and getting about some. I'm looking forward to seeing that last stained glass window! In the meantime, keep taking care of yourself.

Your FB clueless friend,
    Moops

Cat,
    You always make me

Cat,
    You always make me laugh. Picasso boob, I have such a picture in my head. And Moopy, the Rubensboobie. Now I am imagining all the different boobs of art. Oh my gosh, I can see the Salvador Dali boob (melting, drooping Oh that's both my boobs) and how about Jackson Pollock (lots of little boob dots). Okay, who can come up with other boobs of art?
    LOL
    Stef
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    chenheart said:

Well, thankfully the surgery
    Well, thankfully the surgery went well! I am allergic to Keflex too; they gave it to me after the lumpectomy and I was a resident of Hive City for a few days! You poor thing...I hope you get the needed rest and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots to be thankful for!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Glad it's over~
    ~another one behind you. I am glad you are feeling more like yourself and not the "hurley girl" that keflex turns you into. Our bodies have been through so much. It is amazing that they bounce back.
    Keep resting~ Melanie
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    seof said:

Thank you
    Thank you for this post. I had bilateral mastectomy and had reconstruction with the DIEP free flap) procedure. I had some complications with the abdominal site healing, but it is all better now. I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow and I hope to be able to discuss scheduling the second recon. surgery to revise the abdominal scar, reduce the size of the breasts, and make them more symmetrical (left is bigger and has an odd depression in it). I was wondering what to expect with this surgery and recovery. I work in public school and I am thinking that Christmas Break or Spring Break may be good opportunities to do the surgery without missing much work. I tried to post a question related to this, but when I went back to chek for responses, my question had disappeard.

Thanks, seof

seof
    You sound as if you are on the same timeframe as me. My original surgery was March 2007, but it was only a partial mastectomy. Chemo from April through September, and Rads from November through December. They did tell me to wait at least a year after rads to have the reconstruction done. My first one was more invasive because they took the tummy and made it into my boob (Robert does ask me if I ate something that upset my tummy when I say the boob aches....). The tummy tuck was quite large and I was left with what they call "dog ears" at each end of the incision. That one was one week in the hospital, and two more weeks at home, then went back to work part time. This one, for the dog ears, implant and revision of the original reconstruction was a day visit. Home by 5pm, and I am heading to the doc tomorrow to get the drain out. I will be driving myself (as long as it is an automatic, I can do it), and hopefully will be back at work by the 23rd of November. He also filled in my port scar, there was a divot there that I could put my whole finger in. Was overdoing it a bit today with laundry, dishes, etc, but I can only tolerate the house getting to a certain side of messy before I go ballistic. Just had to take another pill to cut the pain, but if you figured on two weeks, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

And yes, Moops, flirting with the docs is fun! Remember I had doc handsome one and two? Well they both have wonderful senses of humor too.

Stef, go ahead, think of more, when I told him Picasso, he actually screwed his face up in what we would consider the artists rendering. The anastheseologist was telling me about my meds, one for me, two for him, one for me, two for him. How did I find all the comics in the Plastic Surgery industry?? So I showed them pictures of me from long ago, sitting on a waterfall in all my glory, and they loved it.

Claudia, hives? I know I break out in spots but always thought it was from the tape, I remember your bout with hives, guess I never put the two together, the pharmacist says it has a high probability for women to get sick on it, so why do they continue to use it?? only the shadow knows....
    =^..^=
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

Glad it's over~
    ~another one behind you. I am glad you are feeling more like yourself and not the "hurley girl" that keflex turns you into. Our bodies have been through so much. It is amazing that they bounce back.
    Keep resting~ Melanie

good one Melanie
    we have a bunch of comics on these boards too, I will be using a number of the ones on this post
    thanks so much all of you again for your good wishes!
    =^..^=